Truma Control Panel – ‘Offset’ (1 Viewer)

Craig Mileo

Free Member
Oct 16, 2019
Finchingfield
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 331
Exp
1 day!
Morning guys
I have read the Truma Control Panel instruction booklet a couple of times but do not understand (apologies in advance for being fick:think:) the purpose of (and how to use) the ‘Offset’ function
I have little doubt you will be able to enlighten me!
Many thanks
Craig

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
I believe it's function is to adjust the thermostat ... to match the temperature shown on the Truma dial... For the ambient temp in Moho.

Eg.. temp on Truma shows 18 Deg....

My thermostat is above door.

Separate room thermometer shows van temp at 15.... Near kitchen.

So I could ( you ) calibrate to match temp in the part of van you require ambient ...

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Might be totally wrong here as I have never used it on mine but is it not a function to set the time you want it to come on ie set for 6am in the morning ,sorry if I am talking nonsense ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Thought so ? no wonder I was always cold in the morning ?
You need to use the timer function and if you want hot water for a shower when you get up, set the timer for 45 min before you need it and the hot water to boost.
If you set it for heat & hot water if takes forever to heat the water, set to boost water heats in about 40-45min boost overrides the heating and turns the heat off until the water is hot, hence setting it to come on 45 min early.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
I now know I know nothing about traction control plus and the truma control panel I really should read the instructions but thanks for that Lenny HB ?
Instructions won't help with the Truma they are naff.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I've never yet got the timer function to work, it just goes to fault mode when it reaches the activation time.

Don't bother with it now, the van warms up very quickly as soon as I (manually) switch it on.

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
I've never yet got the timer function to work, it just goes to fault mode when it reaches the activation time.

Don't bother with it now, the van warms up very quickly as soon as I (manually) switch it on.

TerryL
I do recall a post way back....

The timer issue is something to do with the lead from control panel to boiler and/or a software update.... I can't remember which... But gut says software.... Cos I seem to remember thinking about taking mine ... But never bothered as I don't use timer.

Bdeners

Free Member
Jul 22, 2018
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
2014 Hobby 65 GE
Exp
Since May 2018
TerryL, I would be interested in the outcome, if you remember to ask Dave Newell as I have an intermittent problem with setting the heating/water on the timer. It works some mornings but others.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Needs the software update. I fitted a CP Plus to my last van and it kept falling over when on the timer. Sent it to Truma for the update it never went wrong again. Current van has one it has never failed.

The timer issue is something to do with the lead from control panel to boiler and/or a software update.... I can't remember which... But gut says software.... Cos I seem to remember thinking about taking mine ... But never bothered as I don't use timer.
Needs the software update if the cable to the boiler is a long run.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Im not quite grasping this. Our sensor is next to the CP, the heating in the bedroom is barely blowing through. How do i set it to blow more in the bedroom than living area?

Compactliner

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Exp
11 yrs
irnbru, i dont know where your Truma is situated compared to the bedroom... sounds like it might be well forward in the lounge, hence more heat there?
one thing you could do is to close off a vent in the lounge, however getting heat to the rear might still be an issue...so heres a couple of tips.
firstly, set the fan speed to HIGH, this might make a difference even on EL2 setting.
however, EL2 (at 1800w) generally hasn't got a mighty airflow so try the setting MIX2 which will supplement the 1800w of electric with upto 2kw (Combi 4e) or 4kw (Combi 6e) of gas which will make a massive difference to flow rate.
as the heating comes upto temperature the gas burner will gradually cut back leaving the electric only to maintain heat...no user intervention required for this.
good luck.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
irnbru, i dont know where your Truma is situated compared to the bedroom... sounds like it might be well forward in the lounge, hence more heat there?
one thing you could do is to close off a vent in the lounge, however getting heat to the rear might still be an issue...so heres a couple of tips.
firstly, set the fan speed to HIGH, this might make a difference even on EL2 setting.
however, EL2 (at 1800w) generally hasn't got a mighty airflow so try the setting MIX2 which will supplement the 1800w of electric with upto 2kw (Combi 4e) or 4kw (Combi 6e) of gas which will make a massive difference to flow rate.
as the heating comes upto temperature the gas burner will gradually cut back leaving the electric only to maintain heat...no user intervention required for this.
good luck.
Thanks but we dont use electric. We are FLTs :rofl:

Compactliner

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Exp
11 yrs
....then im surprised that running on gas only wont generate plenty of puff in the rear. as Lenny has said, just using ECO setting when on gas in our COMBI 6 is more than enough to heat the whole van really quickly.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I can assure you its crap in the back.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Often down to the design/pipe runs Continental van designers appear to like cold bedrooms.
Our first Hymer had a very cold bedroom easily solved I added another heating outlet.

Compactliner

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Exp
11 yrs
yes, Id be inspecting the pipe runs. look for any kinks which may be stifling air flow.
one other point, AS/Marquis vans often have 'reducers' to enable pipework to pass behind furniture (rather than making sufficient space for a full size pipe) and if AS have had any input into these van it wouldnt surprise me to see this sort of thing.
the AS forum is riddled with threads about inefficient heating, usually from pipes incorporating narrow bore pinch points.
either way, good luck.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Nope mines not above the door any other locations too look?

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Mines above the lounge window under a cupboard next to curtain rail....old post I know but thought a pic may help.

IMG_20201208_164939_7.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back