Truma combi overhears on gas. (1 Viewer)

Rceddie123

Free Member
Jun 13, 2021
Funster No
MH
Bessecarr E710
Our water heater has started to overheat when run on gas. It did this set at 60 - the orange light not turning off and a distinct burning smell coming from the wardrobe. We set it to 40 and all seemed ok until today when the same thing happened.
Initially I thought the temperature sensor for 60 had failed and 40 was still ok.
Now I am wondering if it's a PCB issue.
Any one else had a similar issue,?

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
They sometimes smell a bit "hot" at times, especially if there's a build up of dust around them and they haven't been used for a while. Can you give it a quick visual check and make sure that at least one of the vents is open, even when it's just on water heating ?

OP
OP
R

Rceddie123

Free Member
Jun 13, 2021
Funster No
MH
Bessecarr E710
I will check this. It is however more than a bit hot- it's making the cover over it and the Sargent unit above it too hot to touch. The amber ",heating" light is not going out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
I would get it checked out by a service agent, there are two thermostat devices, one to control the water temp switching on and off as required. And an high temp stat that will shut the heater down if it overheats. Something is very wrong if neither operates.

Mar 31, 2015
WORCESTER
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 660 merc
Exp
SINCE 2012
Did you get anywhere with this mate as I have same proble.
truma just won’t to sell new heater for £2000

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

Rceddie123

Free Member
Jun 13, 2021
Funster No
MH
Bessecarr E710
Did you get anywhere with this mate as I have same proble.
truma just won’t to sell new heater for £2000
I did lots of checking with an Infa red thermometer. The heater does turn off after about 45 minutes. It does smell hot and the exhaust vent area is at about 75 degrees the water temp is 42 degrees. Set at 60 it turns off when water is at 65 degrees but really smells and the exhaust is at 112degrees.
Previously it has not smelt when used in march and April so I don't get why it does now.
In conclusion it does turn off at the water temps it should but really smells if you set to 60. The smell lessens if you turn the heater on and cool the venting down.
Basically I think it would be better if the cutoff temperatures were lower but you cannot adjust.
It's a poor design.
We have taken to only heating the water for a shower and then turning it off. No issue if you use electric water heating

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back