lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Just wonder if someone could advise me about my heating in the new mh.

When I put it on elec at low or high there isn't much blow air coming through the vents and none at all at the front of the van boiler at back. If I flick between high and low there doesn't seem to be a great difference and I can hear a noise as if fan is on or does the heater make a noise. The heater is in the garage part and its roasting in there :ROFLMAO: if I touch the brown blow air pipes they are really warm also so just wondering if the fan isn't coming on.

When I put it on Gas and Elec get more heat and blow with a little more from vent in front this is when all other vents are closed.

When I put it on gas only it is noisier as if working harder and the blow air is far superior and even get it to the front vent which tells me there's no blockage does it just get there because there is more heat or due to fan working harder. Have spoke to dealer the service guy will call me back tomorrow.

I didn't have this system in the elddis although I did have blow air heating in our caravan about 7 years ago and it was fine, so is it the same fan that works when on gas or elec. I am on mains hook up so not lack of power or am I just expecting to much, I will disconnect a pipe tomorrow and put a hair drier up it and just double check every vent.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
A lot depends on which Combi you have. The electric side is generally low on heat output to minimise current draw on low power hookups, typically 1 or 2 KW while on gas it could be up to 4 KW output. This woul explain why on electric alone the heat outptu is weak but on gas it is good. Its what we in the trade call a RTFI moment.

D.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I was under the impression that the electric side was only for the water. It will give some heat but only as a side effect of heating the water. That's what mine does anyway.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Most people (me included) start off on gas and electric to heat van up quickly, then switch to electric only just to keep it "ticking over".
Not much heat on electric only, toasting on gas.

They are meant to work on both or either.

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
I was under the impression that the electric side was only for the water. It will give some heat but only as a side effect of heating the water. That's what mine does anyway.

If 'Combi' is the name of the boiler as in Combi 4E/6E, then the electric elements are for both space and water heating. When on hook-up I use only electric and we are toasty warm with lashings of hot water. :Smile:

The fan speed does vary - I've assumed it's a combination of the boiler regulating its temperature and the thermostat setting - but maybe it just has a mind of its own. :winky: The 'vertical take-off' speed is pretty alarming on the rare occasions it does it! :Eeek:

If there are long duct runs from the boiler to the cab, then that will often result in next to no warmth crawling out of the cab outlets. In my van the boiler is located centrally and duct runs are pretty much equal length.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Thanks for the replies, yes mine can work on single or dual heating, can use the elec for heating only or for hot water or both. I understand that the elec will not be as warm but should this stop it blowing out front vent, I would have thought if it wasn't that warm then the air coming out the furthest away vent would be cooler but in mine I have virtually nothing coming out. This is why I thought maybe a fan fault, if no joy over the phone with dealer I will get my local mobile guy to have a look even if its to put my mind at rest. The fact the garage is warm tells me the elec heating is warm so might just sleep in there:ROFLMAO:.

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
The Combi is in the rear of our van under the bed. I usually keep the vents in the bedroom closed so that more air goes to the front of the van.
It's still warm in the bedroom.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Gerry you have to balance the system using the flaps :thumb: usually this means (as already been said) half shutting the flaps nearest the boiler working your way around the van:Smile: They usually leave at least one without a flap just in case they all get shut accidently causing it to overheat.
Terry

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Gerry when ours is on leccy only it hardly blows it just seems to creep out but on gas and electric it blows your socks off.

Been like that since new so assume it's as it should be

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Thanks Alan

I called the dealer about it and he assumed it was ok but told me to call our local mobile guy to have a look and they would pay him, well he popped round this morning and said all was fine except my expectations :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I just assumed it would be warmer. He didn't even charge as I use him all the time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back