Free Member
May 20, 2016
cheshire
Funster No
MH
van coversion
Exp
Hi,
This is probably a daft question but, we were parked on the road overlooking the sea having some lunch with the water heater on to do the washing up, after we had eaten I walked to the rubbish bin about 10 yards away and on the way back noticed water under the van below the heater, it was not dripping out at this time as the heater was now off. Am I right in thinking there is some sort of overflow on the heater for expansion of the water or should this not be happening, any help appreciated ( and sorry for the ramble)

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
There is an overflow or pressure release, but first check that the tank drain valve is closed. What you may have done is started to draw the water through whilst washing up and the water is just flowing out.

Upvote 0

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Mine does that when the water is up to temperature and it can make you jump if you are relaxing in a chair next to the outlet as it comes out with some pressure :LOL: I am sure it is ment to do that so don't worry.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

steveski

Free Member
May 20, 2016
cheshire
Funster No
MH
van coversion
Exp
Thanks, yeah I checked the drain valve as it has just been in for annual service and it's ok , so yeah must be pressure release as heater was on for a while before turning off so I guess the pressure has got to go somewhere just like a kettle, thanks

Upvote 0
Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
It is not a fault. As the cold water expands the excess has to go somewhere and it does down a wee tube which vent under the van.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back