Truma combi 6e problem (1 Viewer)

Jun 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I’ve got a truema 6 e and it’s not working on electric hot water or heating that works on the gas but there’s no error codes coming up at all and the fan blows but it’s just cold air
I can’t see it being heating elements if there’s no error code is this possible or could it be something else. Thanks

OP
OP
Skyway
Jun 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Sorry I meant to put that
There all off no blinking at all

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
I take it the gas side is working but not the mains electric. First I would check the 230V connections, the system is designed to run on 12V and gas so if the mains power is off it might not show any fault codes (there may be a little triangle with an exclamation mark on the panel). If you are sure the 230V is getting to the boiler then it may be the 10A mains fuse on the boiler’s electrical board. This fuse is prone to blowing but is not in the user accessible area, probably because they don’t want people electrocuting themselves. You should have instructions for access to the top panel where the 12V fuse is, below that there is a larger lower cover which must only be removed if the mains is completely disconnected. The lower panel can be very hard to get at depending on how the boiler has been installed. There are some pictures on this thread but I think there have been other threads with lots of pictures.

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Similar theme, more opinions needed. As usual before leaving for Wyre Piddle everything was tested, including the Truma in all modes. No problems while there at all wether on or off ehu, until the last day. For some reason we could not get hot water no matter what options we chose Gas/ electric/ combined.
Just got round to looking at this so decided to start from the beginning, drain everything and start again.
Now it always makes a noise draining the boiler, but this time it seemed to be stuttering and spluttering as though there was somehow air in the system, much more noise than I have ever had on any of the three Truma units over the years.
Just refilled everything in the normal way, leaving taps open while the boiler primes and shutting taps when all the spluttering has finished. Put it on Electric2 on the settings and off to do other jobs.
came back about 45 minutes later and the normal hot water out of the Truma.
Very strange, has anyone come across this at all?

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back