Truma Combi 4e gas usage (3 Viewers)

Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
Have just spent a few days up in Hartlepool around freezing point most of the time, camped on my sons drive, using heater only and fridge on gas. I had run out of gas at Woodside Field, and armed with a full LPG refill I thought I'd see how long it would last. It was on 24 hours mostly at 16 degrees with several blasts at 24 or more, fridge was on low. On the edge of your seats now? 4 days, or to be exact 3 days 19 hours. My manual says 150 grams an hour that equates to 12 kilo of gas, and don't forget the fridge. My Gas It bottle is 11 kg which at £6 something to fill comes out at £1.50 (ish) a day. Do I need EHU ever again don't think so.

As I won't normally have heating on for 24 hours I expect to be able to run on gas for well over a week including cooking and fridge. No heating it lasts for weeks!

Hope this is of help to some new owners on a learning curve.

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Gas It bottle fill only £6!!! More expensive to buy the bottle in the first place but with Calor gas at about £40 you soon make it back. How easy is it to find places to refill the bottle? p.s. never heard of Gas It until now but I am a newbie at all this stuff.

Edit - ah I see autogas. Petrol stations. Is LPG widely available in Europe?

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
My Gas It bottle is 11 kg which at £6 something to fill comes out at £1.50 (ish) a day. Do I need EHU ever again don't think so.
Don't you mean nearer to £14 to fill, at an average cost of £0.65ppl? 11Kgs = 22 x litres.
Due to recent gas usage off grid, I estimated that we would get through 1 x 11Kg cylinder over a 3/4 day winter weekend, with the heating on 24/7.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Don't you mean nearer to £14 to fill, at an average cost of £0.65ppl? 11Kgs = 22 x litres.
Due to recent gas usage off grid, I estimated that we would get through 1 x 11Kg cylinder over a 3/4 day winter weekend, with the heating on 24/7.

Cheers,

With Jock on this one.. (y) When did you last fill.. Price now closer to 70p :doh:
We have one supplier in Wolverhampton doing it at 30 odd pence BUT just filling a 10kg (19ltr) is not viable for me in time and money.
STILL.. Love re-fillables

Last edited:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
STILL.. Love re-fillables
These 2 x Gaslow 11Kg cylinders are our first refillables Steve, as we had the underslung tank on the Hymer. We have lost a third in capacity, which just means giving thought to topping up more often, especially in winter time.

Our best local Autogas price is £0.57ppl.

Hope you and Irene are both well, and hope to see you both soon. (y)

Cheers,

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Edit - ah I see autogas. Petrol stations. Is LPG widely available in Europe?
It certainly is, and with Belgium being the cheapest. I've topped up as cheap as €0.36cpl previously. ;)

Cheers,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Clivefog
Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
Ops sorry confusing KG capacity with litre pump delivery! New to this refillable lark rather than helping more likely to confuse.
I've been stopping at 11 ltr not as I foolishly thought 11 Kg. I think I'll just let it stop itself rather than releasing next time,
65p a litre at ASDA Cribbs Causeway today.
So looks like I did very well gas wise and cost remains the same at £1.50 a day. If I fill the bottle to capacity should do a week no problem. Happy with that.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back