Truma combi 4E fault code. (1 Viewer)

Feb 18, 2020
Bradford
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V Line
Exp
Returning after a long lay off.
Hi all, just wondering if anyone had come across the fault code 601H before ?
I was staying at Bath Marina and this morning with the heating on, the electric tripped out a couple of times. It was a fault with the site electrics, nowt to do with me. Anyway the long and short of it is I’ve now got the above code showing and the boiler won’t fire up. I’ve googled the code and can’t find it anywhere. I’ve had the cover off and tried a reset but no joy. I know there are a couple of fuses (12v & 240v) inside the unit to check but just thought somebody may have come across this before I start dismantling my boiler. Cheers.

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
1603561330356.png

Does this help at all ?

Kev

OP
OP
Hippy
Feb 18, 2020
Bradford
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V Line
Exp
Yes Kev. That’s in line with what I’ve been thinking. Time to get the multimeter out when I get home. I really need to get one to keep in the van. Anyway thanks, much appreciated.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
There are a couple of fuses on the truma itself and are a bit of a bugger to get at? With the top cover off you can see the small glass one but if its the other....you may have to dig the unit out . Really depends on where it is?
Having said that...Have you reset the truma panel above your door?
That too can reset the system if its a glitch and you may find it to be ok?
Just a thought..

Kev

OP
OP
Hippy
Feb 18, 2020
Bradford
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V Line
Exp
Yes I’ve tried the panel reset with no joy. I’ve had the cover off and can see the small 12v fuse and I’ve got enough room to get the main cover off as well. Might have to go looking for some fuses and a multimeter tomorrow, but I’m staying in Much Wenlock and there’s not “much” here. Thanks again Kev, I really appreciate it.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
The 240v fuse is right at the bottom of the panel and as said it can be a right pain to get at.

image1 (2).jpeg

OP
OP
Hippy
Feb 18, 2020
Bradford
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V Line
Exp
So, it turns out that these are not ordinary fuses, they are “slow blow”. I think I’m just going to wait ‘til I get home on Tuesday and have a proper look at it then. Glad I brought a fan heater with me, it’s bloody freezing here. I’ll post here again when I’ve sorted it, for the benefit of anyone else who may incur the same problem. Cheers Kev and Mike for your input 👍

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
How do I reset my truma combi? To reset the overheating protection, allow heater to cool, re- move connection cover and press red reset button. ??

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Yes - quote below from the Truma manual.

Resetting the overheating protection: Allow the heater to cool, remove the connection cover and press the reset button

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hippy
Feb 18, 2020
Bradford
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V Line
Exp
Done all that chaps, but thanks anyway. I’ll try again in the morning when everything’s stone cold.

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Yes I’ve tried the panel reset with no joy. I’ve had the cover off and can see the small 12v fuse and I’ve got enough room to get the main cover off as well. Might have to go looking for some fuses and a multimeter tomorrow, but I’m staying in Much Wenlock and there’s not “much” here. Thanks again Kev, I really appreciate it.
Just a quickie...when you take the cover off with 240v connected and 12v panel (Truma Control panel above door ) on... You should see flashing leds by the 12v fuse (Normally 3 of them, red and yellow and green)...it is possibly the 240v fuse shown above. If the leds are not on or flashing...its a 12 volt issue.

Regards Kev

OP
OP
Hippy
Feb 18, 2020
Bradford
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V Line
Exp
Well that was a strange one. Took the top cover off and checked the 12v fuse - fine. Took the main cover off and checked the 240v fuse - fine. Put it all back together, did another reset on the panel and it fired straight up !!! I can only assume something was not making contact properly and it’s sorted itself with disassembly / reassembly. :unsure:

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Well that was a strange one. Took the top cover off and checked the 12v fuse - fine. Took the main cover off and checked the 240v fuse - fine. Put it all back together, did another reset on the panel and it fired straight up !!! I can only assume something was not making contact properly and it’s sorted itself with disassembly / reassembly. :unsure:
That is spooky! The first time ours went down It was exactly like that? Took the cover off and found the fuses to be ok. Scratched my head over what to look for next. Decided on putting back the covers and resetting the control panel and whoosh....It was fine!
The second time though....it was the fuse! The 240v one must be a slow blow jobby? Just keep a 240v fuse spare .....Just in case it happens again. I have a sneaky suspicion that it may?? ;)(y)

Kev

OP
OP
Hippy
Feb 18, 2020
Bradford
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V Line
Exp
I have that suspicion too. Got some spare fuses onboard now, so should be okay for the future. I thought they would be slow blow fuses but the manual for mine says quick ??

OP
OP
Hippy
Feb 18, 2020
Bradford
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V Line
Exp
Something else I forgot to mention which might be of use to someone else in the future. I phoned Truma this morning before I started and they told me the fault code that I had (601H) meant there’d been an interruption to the 12v supply and that just doing a reset would sort it. It didn’t.

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
Something else I forgot to mention which might be of use to someone else in the future. I phoned Truma this morning before I started and they told me the fault code that I had (601H) meant there’d been an interruption to the 12v supply and that just doing a reset would sort it. It didn’t.
Some codes require the system to be left on with the code present on the control panel for 15 minutes before you can reset them, as they cause the system to lock-out. If you try and clear it before 15 minutes has elapsed, either from the appearance of the fault, or after switching the system off and on again, it won't allow the fault to be cleared. I don't know if this would be one of them?

OP
OP
Hippy
Feb 18, 2020
Bradford
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V Line
Exp
Yes it was, but it still didn’t work. The code flashes and you have to wait for it to stop (it doesn’t always take 15 minutes) and then you can do a reset.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back