Truma Combi 4e failure on electricity - yellow flash on control panel (1 Viewer)

Guff666

Free Member
Feb 14, 2020
St Neots, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Since 2018
I chose to start a new thread rather than hijack one that looks to be slightly different.
I have an Autocruise Rhythm with the Trume Combi 4e and the CP (e) classic controls - ie no LED panel.

Everything has been OK until this morning. Woke up to find no hot water. The system is using mains electricity. I switched off on the control panel (RH dial to 0) waited and then rotated anti clockwise to the 1800W water only. The system ‘clicked’ and the LH dial Yellow LED cane on briefly and then went out. the system works OK in gas.
Unfortunately, the boiler is installed such that the lower access panel is completely unreachable. I’ve checked the upper fuse and tried resetting the overheat but with no effect.

is this the same fault as reported previously? If so, it will have to wait until we get home as it will require a complete removal to access the other fuse.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I chose to start a new thread rather than hijack one that looks to be slightly different.
I have an Autocruise Rhythm with the Trume Combi 4e and the CP (e) classic controls - ie no LED panel.

Everything has been OK until this morning. Woke up to find no hot water. The system is using mains electricity. I switched off on the control panel (RH dial to 0) waited and then rotated anti clockwise to the 1800W water only. The system ‘clicked’ and the LH dial Yellow LED cane on briefly and then went out. the system works OK in gas.
Unfortunately, the boiler is installed such that the lower access panel is completely unreachable. I’ve checked the upper fuse and tried resetting the overheat but with no effect.

is this the same fault as reported previously? If so, it will have to wait until we get home as it will require a complete removal to access the other fuse.
We had a similar problem with our AT Truma a few months ago.
Simple solution for us was to totally power down the Truma using the heater and hot water master switches in the Sargent EC500 mains panel. Worked again when we turned it all back on (with the CP dial turned to (0)).
If you can access the top cover are you getting a flash code from the tiny leds under it?

OP
OP
Guff666

Guff666

Free Member
Feb 14, 2020
St Neots, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Since 2018
Thanks for coming back. I tried a full power down but it made no difference. I’ll have to find a mirror to see any LEDs as the unit is facing away from me. I couldn’t see anything in the phone camera.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back