Truma Combi 4 E Strip down & replace heating elements (1 Viewer)

Aug 15, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
Sprinter conversion
Exp
Since 2007
great post ,realy well done , did you take any video of this , as i have the same problem many thanks
Fantastic post, thankyou so much! Think I’ll rely on the gas unless you do home visits. 👍🚍🚍👍🔥🔥

MrPer

Free Member
Jun 5, 2023
Funster No
MH
t>;kwEL;,w6ed"#
As these element seems impossible to get in Europe Nowadays, seems like Truma wants to sell a complete burner for about 800£ including elements..., I was think of replacing the elements with a non Truma branded element. Is there any one out there that has made a replacement and can measure the size of the elements? The most important is the diameter of the tube, but length and width would of course also help. My idea is to replace them with single ended element tubes, seems to be plenty of them to good prices. I have dismantled the Truma at least twice in the past... I regret I didn't measure them... but at that time it was other faults.

Nov 13, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
30 years
Just did a Google search and found loads.

Geoff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MrPer

Free Member
Jun 5, 2023
Funster No
MH
t>;kwEL;,w6ed"#
In UK there is plenty of suppliers, but not in Sweden/Germany. They want to sell complete burner as described. Visited a Truma retailer today and they wasn't much of help. First telling me that they never brake and the the price of the complete replacement for about 800£. Anyone out there with a element tube and caliper :cool:?

MrPer

Free Member
Jun 5, 2023
Funster No
MH
t>;kwEL;,w6ed"#
Yes there is.

One of the heater elements is about 60 ohms, the other broken one is open circuit. Heater works but just with one element. Resistance measured on cables out from lower PCB, after releasing cables. It was a pain releasing the cabling without removing the heater but I didn't wanted to do a full surgery this time...

Aug 8, 2019
Chichester
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Broadway
Exp
Since 2019
If you google electric elements and know the element dimensions and wattage you will probably get decent change from £100. Before retiring I used to get elements made up for all sorts of jobs both single and three phase.
Here's one I just found, but I don't know of their quality

www.elelco.co.uk

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
In UK there is plenty of suppliers, but not in Sweden/Germany. They want to sell complete burner as described. Visited a Truma retailer today and they wasn't much of help. First telling me that they never brake and the the price of the complete replacement for about 800£. Anyone out there with a element tube and caliper :cool:?
I changed mine insitu last year and I'm sure that I have the old ones collecting dust in a shed somewhere - I'll have a dig around tomorrow and get back to you with dims if I can find one. If you go for manufacturing then they usually want a minimum of 10 in an order but you will be able to sell the spare ones on here very quickly.

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Unfortunately drawn a blank with finding the old elements. They must have been binned at some point.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back