Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
You need to throttle the individual outlets with the swivel flaps
Close the HOT ones partially and fully open the cooler ones this should help.
The shortest pipe on ours it right below the kitchen area so this is usually CLOSED fully or wifey's feet get burnt :LOL:

OP
OP
RidersofRohan
Oct 2, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866f
Exp
Since 2014
One thing I noted when reading through the Truma booklet and also from a conversation with the Truma service people is that this particular model has four outlets and it is important that all four "outlet", it specifically says do not close one off completely. I believe other Truma models can cope with one shut but seemingly not this one, burning feet excepted.
Ours works nicely now but because I have all of them open do find the back of the van is warmer than the front!! (and the bathroom is like an oven). After the problems before we are happy to live with this situation.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Resurrecting this thread to ask my own "is this normal?" question.

My Hymer B544 has the Truma System as described above.

The distribution of heat, even on 9(max) is fairly uneven (but I'd understand if it were normal).

So, when it's really blasting out hot air (full aicraft engine mode), there is HOT air in the habitation door-well and under the shoe-cupboard (also in the entrance).
At the front of the van the air-flow is much less and "tepid". I can understand that the rudimentary pipework doesn't lend itself to a balanced flow, not without some sophisticated baffles..etc.
The "Hot-spots" are within 3 feet of the boiler, but I thought I'd check.

Maybe other get an equal flow of equally warm air at every nozzle.

Is this normal?

Note. Clearly the hot air in the entrance area is only about 10 feet from the lounge so it's not as if the van won't get warm, I just thought it would be nice having that hot air blown on my feet.

Thanks.

Lee at www.gohumberto.com
Some of us have installed an additional inline Truma Multivent fan and switch, at the furthest vent from the boiler, and facing the cab area. It makes a whole lot of difference to the temperature in that area, especially during winter. (y)
https://www.leisureshopdirect.com/g...rts/truma-multivent-fan-tbm-12v-universal-fan

If not wishing to buy new, they can sometimes be found at a Caravan Breakers Yard.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
RidersofRohan
Oct 2, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866f
Exp
Since 2014

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
That looks a great idea.
Thanks.

I did the practical installation, and a friend and fellow MH'er (and electrician) did the electrical side of it for me, as it wasn't a straight forward pos/neg job, as I initially thought it would be.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Don't assume the warm air ducting is all 100 percent OK. I've seen problems with the duct joints disconnecting and the ducting squashed nearly flat under a cupboard.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back