Truma boiler problem (1 Viewer)

Nov 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Challenger 287GA
Exp
Since 2020
Hi all, I'm having a problem with my Truma boiler system and I can't quite figure out what's going on, so hopefully someone could advise me on this? The van is fitted with the Truma C3402 system (black panel with the two red switches for water temp and water only or heating and hot water) and it has been working flawlessly since we got it. We have made sure we drained down both the boiler and the water pipes (including the fresh tank) over the winter months and left the taps open.

Last weekend, while my partner was showering, my son suddenly exclaimed that his feet we wet. Upon inspection, a very small amount of water was coming from the boiler enclosure and seemed to be coming from an area of small, metal piping. The shower had been used the previous day by myself with seemingly no issue. Also, we had been using hot water from the taps over the course of 3 days, again without issue. The fresh tank had been completely filled (110 litres) and all the air bled from the system on both hot and cold through all 3 taps in the van, again with no leakage seen.

Prior to our trip, I had replaced our aging and rather feeble 1.1 bar water pump with the Reich powerjet plus 2.1 bar 25 l/min pump which gave much better performance in our shower and through the taps. I am wondering if this could somehow be connected to the problem with the boiler? If so, what could I do? If not, does anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks as always

Joe

OP
OP
RubyOptics
Nov 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Challenger 287GA
Exp
Since 2020
Thanks Simon, I'll take a look at that. Any other theories or ideas?!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back