truma boiler B10/B14 safety/drain valve wont shut (1 Viewer)

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
The boiler has manual safety/drain valve which emptys boiler and water tank there is no electrical connection to safety/drain valve

I cant get it to shut have even tried hot/warm water through it and it still dumps all the water valve is set horizontal as manual says

Wasn't sure if they have a bi metal heat sensitive strip ( how automatic chokes used to work )that dumps water irrespective of valve position

Seal could be sticking i suppose hopefully someone knows the answer

Dont want to remove it unless i have to

Malcolm

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Its like mine there is an 'invisible' button down the side of the base that need to be pressed in. It does show you in the book but its not obvious - especially to me!!

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We have had one of these Electric safety-drain valve.jpg until the boiler is warm it will not stay open, we would lift it and put a peg on it.

We now have one of these Screen Shot 2015-11-30 at 23.16.58.png as Alex said you push the button in then turn the top to close.

Or are you saying it's just a valve to dump. s-l300.jpgif so we had one that would not shut off and had to buy a new one. :LOL: Bob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
They are a nuisance, we had a heater element fitted to ours so we could fill up with water when it was cold. If you have operated the reset button properly and the temp is at or below around 6 degrees, it will not close, you could try warming the valve up with a hairdryer and see if that helps.

OP
OP
M

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
We have had one of these View attachment 199274 until the boiler is warm it will not stay open, we would lift it and put a peg on it.

We now have one of these View attachment 199275 as Alex said you push the button in then turn the top to close.

Or are you saying it's just a valve to dump. View attachment 199277if so we had one that would not shut off and had to buy a new one. :LOL: Bob.

Ok it is the blue 1 at the bottom which is so basic what can go wrong it will be a nightmare to get out space to get at it is very limited think i will have to remove it if i cant get it working today

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Yes we had one that we had to change, and yes so basic what could possibly go wrong. :LOL: Bob.

OP
OP
M

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
Yes we had one that we had to change, and yes so basic what could possibly go wrong. :LOL: Bob.

Gonna be a nightmare getting out wish i could work something out using a 3 way T piece but the drain shut off is a problem thought about doing similar to waste tank fit drain valve outside van but any water in drain line would freeze in winter.

Will order new 1 and see if i can get old 1 working keep as a spare

OP
OP
M

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
Taken 4hrs to get it out due to space taken indoors given a rinse now working perfectly wonder if temp could of caused problem seal may of been sluggish jubilee clips holding hoses total nightmare

Should go back a lot easier

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Thats good news, could have been a bit of a calcium build up I would give it a good soak in some hot white wine or just white vinegar to make sure.

OP
OP
M

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
Thats good news, could have been a bit of a calcium build up I would give it a good soak in some hot white wine or just white vinegar to make sure.

I will try that soak and refit it gotta take dog out anyway so that will give it 40 mins thanks

OP
OP
M

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
All back together filled with water can hear it coming out again look under van different point by about a foot look for another drain valve cant find anything look in water tank with torch there is a plug hole to drain tank feel a total numpty but there you go found problem now ( Didn't realise some tanks come with drain facility on them within tank )

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
All back together filled with water can hear it coming out again look under van different point by about a foot look for another drain valve cant find anything look in water tank with torch there is a plug hole to drain tank feel a total numpty but there you go found problem now ( Didn't realise some tanks come with drain facility on them within tank )
Love it :) , at least you now know your dump valve works fine :xrofl::xrofl:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back