Free Member
Mar 2, 2015
Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymermobil S740
Exp
since 2014
I had a problem with water pouring out of the clear plastic air vent which comes off the hot water feed from the top of the boiler. I removed the grey T piece and expected to see a broken or faulty valve inside, the T piece was empty, no sign of a valve.
After a quick online search I found the part number, 34150-01 and ordered a replacement. It arrived, I fitted it, so should be back in business right! We'll, almost. Everything was fine, Shower and bathroom sink all good with the right pressure, just really slow supply on the hot side of the kitchen sink.
After a bit of head scratching I disconnected the hot to the tap tail and tried the hot flow which worked fine so I decided I had to remove and dismantle the tap to find the blockage.
Sure enough, as I suspected, there was the little blighter, a 5mm diameter red rubber piece from the original valve, removed and replaced the tap and all working well..
So, not quite the straight forward job it should have been but we're now full flow again.
Thought I would share this because apparently it's quite common on older Truma C boilers, ours is circa 2002, and the additional info about bits of old valve travelling the plumbing system may be of use to some.
Apparently, this valve is to let air into the system when draining the boiler. Seems like and odd solution to fit a tiny delicate valve into the T piece when a tap or service valve on the clear hose would perform the same task so long as you remember to open it when emptying out.
Anyway, I'll now be carrying a spare valve in future.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back