Free Member
Jun 18, 2011
Pucklechurch, Bristol BS16 9SE, UK
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since July 2011!
Morning fellow motorhomers. I have no hot water available when on gas. The boiler appears to work normally otherwise. I know my electric heating elements have failed previously (I hadn't realised until a thread on here alerted me to the possibility) so have relied on the gas as sole method of heating the water. We are on an EHU and have loads of gas.
The led lamps on the controls appear to be working normally ie green is lit to say the power is on and the amber is lit to say it is warming up. I have followed the troubleshooting blurb in the operating instructions but these seem to suggest all major faults show a red led lamp. As the gas system (well, the blown air heating) appears to be working normally I would have suspected either the thermostat or whatever mechanism changes from heating to water. I also suspect that maybe the heating is working below it's maximum efficiency but that may be because it's warmer here and the effect is less pronounced in chilly English winters.
Anyone have any ideas of any checks I can make. Thanks, Steve

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
On tne 6E it automatically heats the water when the heating is on?
I thought the amber light only came on on electric?
The dial with the "O" @ the 3 o'clock position should be set to the flame symbol & the other one should be at the bottom symbol (60) If IRC.

OP
OP
steviebouy

steviebouy

Free Member
Jun 18, 2011
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since July 2011!
Thanks Jay, The water "should" automatically be on at the same time as the heating. I'm guessing there is something which diverts the heated water around a coil in the hot tank but this does not appear to be happen to be happening.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
So are your dials in the position that jay said... Center (single flame) and bottom (60°).. That is gas only, winter water and heating?

The system will work with no water in the boiler...
If youre somewhere hot then your dump valve is OK I'd imagine?

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
With mine it's impossible to get hot air without tbe water getting hot on either gas or electric.
The selector for heat/hot water only chooses which has priority.
When you say "no hot water" I presume you mean cold water is coming from the hot taps, all of them?

OP
OP
steviebouy

steviebouy

Free Member
Jun 18, 2011
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since July 2011!
All is well now. For some reason the water would not heat with the control knob turned to the Gas and Electric combined setting. When turned to Gas only the boiler fired up straight away and an hour later (when checked) the water was hot. Maybe the failure of the electric heating elements has interfered with the operation of the boiler.
Many thanks to jay and sdc77 for providing the help which enabled me to sort this problem.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
You're most wecome, glad it's working.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back