Truma 4 heating/hot water only (1 Viewer)

newmanbeing

Free Member
Dec 11, 2017
Funster No
Hi all,
Bit of a newbie question, I have the Truma 4 combi with the LED control panel (is it just me or is that really confusing!).

I just want to know whether I can run heating and hot water seperately? I see on other posts mentions of summer/winter mode but these do not appear in the manual apart from in the fault section!

My previous van had seperate space and water heaters and that was so simple. I just can't get my head around the control panel (and I have an IT degree and work in technology) it is not user friendly at all.

Any help is appreciated.
Neil

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Hi and welcome

Not sure on the LED version but it should work without any water in the boiler. Just need to find the correct setting

https://www.truma.com/int/en/products/truma-heater/truma-combi-4.html

• In heating and hot water mode, the unit automatically selects the required operating level according to the tem- perature difference between the temperature set on the control panel and the current room temperature. If the boiler has been filled, the water is automatically heated as well. The water temperature depends on the selected oper- ating mode and the heater output.

OP
OP
newmanbeing

newmanbeing

Free Member
Dec 11, 2017
Funster No
Hi Mike and thanks,
I have read that it can work without water in the boiler but was wondering whether just heating was possible with water in the boiler. We don't always need to wash the dishes or shower etc. Is it not a waste of energy to do both when only one is required?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Hi

I don't have the LED version and on mine you get a choice of either. Not sure whether it would cost energy etc.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
You can use them for heating only, but the water will warm up if there is any in the boiler (as a side-effect).
If water heating is requested, the blown air is not given priority until the water is up to temperature. If no water heating is required the blown air has priority (as you might expect).

kelpie

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E745
Exp
3 years
You can use them for heating only, but the water will warm up if there is any in the boiler (as a side-effect).
If water heating is requested, the blown air is not given priority until the water is up to temperature. If no water heating is required the blown air has priority (as you might expect).
Agree with that one.
John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Hi @newmanbeing When you say LED model, do you mean you have the CP Plus Panel? If so then setting water and Heating is very straight forward and are done separately. No Summer and Winter mode just set which ever you want to come on.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back