TRUE STORY ! You couldn't make it up ! (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
My son put petrole in the sump of my lawn mower yesterday spent two hrs trying to get it to start before he realised he had mesed up
Was convinced it was flooding
Bill

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Nearly happened to us at a filling station in Italy. It was one of those old fashioned places where the helpful attendant insists on doing it for you. I saw in the mirror that she had taken the water filler cap off and was about to stick the diesel hose in so had to leap out and grab it off her while trying to think of the Italian for Stop! Water only!

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
My first MH, bought from a dealer. Water, even after boiling, tasted funny. Put it down to either excessive disinfecting, or no cleaning done at all. Flushed tank and pipes several times, no change.
It was indeed diesel contamination. Phoned ( very well respected) dealer who immediately agreed to replace the entire water system. This confirmed my belief that they knew all about it when they waved me off their forecourt, and thought they would see if they got away with it.
Anyway, all was sorted, except my trust in people selling stuff took another knock.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back