LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Last week we ordered some flight tickets from Easyjet and, when we downloaded the boarding passes etc. we found ‘True Key’ Intel security on our laptop desktop.

Today after a few days away, I have returned to find that we can’t restart our lap top because we now need a password. Reading up on ‘True Key’ (on my ipad) we understand that we need a Windows account, which we have never had, nor do I want.

Has this ever happened to anyone ? and does anyone have any idea how I can get past this.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Something sounds wrong there.

If it's really True Key it isn't something you could have installed by accident. It would have needed a fair bit of input from you to install and set up, for one thing you would have had to choose a master password.

It sounds to me that you may have picked up a bit of ransomware designed to look like genuine software.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
A bit of Googling suggests it might have come with Adobe Acrobat. Did you install this to view the tickets?

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Sorry not familiar with that one as it is a windows only thing I believe. :(

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
It seems there are lots of folk on the web who have accidentally installed it...
I can only find one instance of being locked out - and in that case he managed to access his PC via "Safe Mode" and uninstalled from there..
His other prob was a corrupt user profile.. probs when his 12yr son crashed out of PC... hence being locked out...

Not sure if that helps...

Another option would be to go into recovery mode and roll back to point prior to install - if you have one!..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Steve and Denise

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
It seems there are lots of folk on the web who have accidentally installed it...
I can only find one instance of being locked out - and in that case he managed to access his PC via "Safe Mode" and uninstalled from there..
His other prob was a corrupt user profile.. probs when his 12yr son crashed out of PC... hence being locked out...

Not sure if that helps...

Another option would be to go into recovery mode and roll back to point prior to install - if you have one!..

Not really sure we have a safe mode or recovery as we can not get past start up on the laptop it looks like a trip to Pc world.

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now
OP
OP
Steve and Denise

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks for all the replies took it to our local computer shop and they cleared the password that was not there and rectified the problem.:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back