Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Truckfest Peterborough 2012
Do MHF have a presence at this event?
We went years ago when we were :wub::wub: tuggers and our familly were very young - now all grown up and have motorhomes of their own thought it might be nice to visit again.

Family Guy

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
runcorn
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2001
truckfest

went last year stayed but must be getting old wasn't my cup of tea place just full of drunk truckers been going to truck shows most years as driver/owner:Blush: was that disgusted left after one night how drivers have changed or how Ive changed
just my opinion ::bigsmile:riving2:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
went last year stayed but must be getting old wasn't my cup of tea place just full of drunk truckers been going to truck shows most years as driver/owner:Blush: was that disgusted left after one night how drivers have changed or how Ive changed
just my opinion ::bigsmile:riving2:

I've also noticed the same change on SOME camping sites..

There is a new breed of camper who only go camping for a good piss up ... It spoiled an otherwise great weekend for us at a site in Norfolk..

Lovely relaxed site, tons of space, camp fires allowed and virtually no regulations.. that's where the problem arises.. people take liberties and don't give a monkeys who they disturb, parties going on into the early morning .. end of rant.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
We went and camped at the Truck Fest about 3 years ago, loved the Air brushed Trucks, loved the way the truckers cleaned and took such pride in their vans.

Hated the way no respect what so ever was shown for your pitch our wind breaker used as a goal post. Vans parked on top of each other, noise all night and the rubbish everywhere, beer cans food cartons just dropped were they were finished with, shame because we did enjoy the Trucks but it seemed just like one big ****up

Family Guy

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
runcorn
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2001
We went and camped at the Truck Fest about 3 years ago, loved the Air brushed Trucks, loved the way the truckers cleaned and took such pride in their vans.

Hated the way no respect what so ever was shown for your pitch our wind breaker used as a goal post. Vans parked on top of each other, noise all night and the rubbish everywhere, beer cans food cartons just dropped were they were finished with, shame because we did enjoy the Trucks but it seemed just like one big ****up
thank god its not me getting old:soaobox:

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
I would'nt go to truckfest again, for the above reasons, but to be fair, that is why I don't go to Land Rover socials either. Same old thing, stand around a fire, get pissed, get arses out, go to bed, get up and go driving...probably underthe influence..........boring!

OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Looks like Truckfest is off the menu then:thumb::thumb::thumb: thanks for the warning.

Family Guy

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
runcorn
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2001
truckfest

wouldn't dismiss it still good day out just when lights go out (bit like la ramberlers )
Barcelona all changes:Blush:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Got a friend who used to run a bus as a mobile chuck wagon (for locals it used to be parked up in the layby to the east of the Hardwick roundabout). He was invited to go to the Truckfest as a food trader to feed the masses and duly went, living in my caravan which I towed there for him.

He was supposed to supply each trucker with a food voucher, free of charge, for a breakfast each as part of the deal, supposedly making his money from the public and the truckers on the rest of their food.

He was overrun with truckers for the best part of the day all claiming free meals on the vouchers which he later discovered they'd been passing on to all and sundry. He was no businessman and obviously had no system in place but he was a honest hardworking guy and didn't deserve that. He's never been since!

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
We decided last year to ditch this show, and the reason was that if you are over 26' in length you also have to pay a £40 surcharge on top of the camping fee which is also charged/ payable at the gate if they decide you are over the said limit and you hadn't told them, for parking in a field at a showground that we have been to shows on before and not had to pay any surcharge.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back