Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Wouldn't it be a great idea to have a Chinese 7'' truck satnav tutorial Rally?

Everyone with their nice new shiny satnavs, all us sitting under nice warm sun (a tin or two) and someone up the front that understands the instructions and what the hell is hidden deep down in these things, teaching us all how to use them, all in sheer and utter togetherness.
:roflmto:

I have put mine in and driven, but by the sounds of it there is a lot more can be done. As I've watched this (and the other similar threads) there are some who are willing to 'get stuck into the innards' so to speak and make them better - I got lost when mb's started getting mentioned, can't get the map in, it won't fit and the Russian map removal really got me in a dither....

Oh' for the understanding of all things technical..... I'm starting to think I must have fell asleep when all this was being talked about in school or I'm from the wrong generation........
:Blush:

Regards,

Trikeman. :winky:

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

Everyone with their nice new shiny satnavs, all us sitting under nice warm sun (a tin or two) and [HI]someone up the front that understands the instructions[/HI] and what the hell is hidden deep down in these things, teaching us all how to use them, all in sheer and utter togetherness.

I have put mine in and driven, but by the sounds of it there is a lot more can be done. As I've watched this (and the other similar threads) there are some who are willing to 'get stuck into the innards' so to speak and make them better - I got lost when mb's started getting mentioned, can't get the map in, it won't fit and the Russian map removal really got me in a dither....

Oh' for the understanding of all things technical..... I'm starting to think I must have fell asleep when all this was being talked about in school or I'm from the wrong generation........

Regards,

Someone up the front that understands the instructions?? Here's hoping we all live that long :roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.

Everyone with their nice new shiny satnavs, all us sitting under nice warm sun (a tin or two) and someone up the front that understands the instructions and what the hell is hidden deep down in these things, teaching us all how to use them, all in sheer and utter togetherness.

Regards,

Is there a way of making it say 'Slow down you f*****g idiot, there's a SPEED CAMERA coming up', instead of a genteel 'beep', that's just the same as all the other 'beep's' it does........

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
You could always try driving within the limit Dave :winky::whistle::roflmto:

Hadn't thought of that Graham........GOOD PLAN!! :Doh:

I do have a device that screams at me when I tend to over-speed.....But she's not always in the cab.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987

Regards,

I've seen the "dash cam crashes" in Russia on Youtube. I have no desire to go there with our van. I don't think you need a licence, skill or any common sense to drive in Russia, from what I have seen, hence the removal.
Now, just got to go onto my other Linux laptop and Create a hybrid ISO9660/JOLIET/HFS filesystem..........:Eeek:

Allan

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
clipped.............Now, just got to go onto my other Linux laptop and Create a hybrid ISO9660/JOLIET/HFS filesystem..........:Eeek:
You are just showing off now, in front of us techie luddites. :roflmto:

I'm with Trikeman, with regards the inners. It took me long enough to add and delete POIs on the TT720.
The beauty of this one is that the card can be edited/updated, without it needing to be matched to the unit.

I must admit, for a warning of overspeed, I'd prefer something loud and annoying too. :thumb:
Maybe there are sound byte files that can be added to the system, but not sure if that would be possible.

Cheers for now,

Jock.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Y

I must admit, for a warning of overspeed, I'd prefer something loud and annoying too. :thumb:

Well mine says "You are over the speed limit, The speed limit is NN " and it is B****y annoying.

The TTS (text to speech) voice enables this. It also announces speed cameras "Caution Speed Camera Ahead"

John

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Well, I do get the "You are over the speed limit, The speed limit is NN "

But nothing about 'speed camera ahead'.........Maybe I should be the guy a beer, he must have a dry throat! ::bigsmile:

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Well mine says "You are over the speed limit, The speed limit is NN " and it is B****y annoying.

The TTS (text to speech) voice enables this. It also announces speed cameras "Caution Speed Camera Ahead"

John

Careful John,
you are starting to be seen as the 'Guru' around these satnavs, you could be plagued for months.

Just PM'ing.

Regards,

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Well, I do get the "You are over the speed limit, The speed limit is NN "

But nothing about 'speed camera ahead'.........Maybe I should be the guy a beer, he must have a dry throat! ::bigsmile:

Careful. You could get "Caution, your sat nav is over the drink drive limit" :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
buffallobill

buffallobill

Free Member
Sep 21, 2013
skipton
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since2007
Let me know how you get on with it, I've been looking at them myself.

hi paulmold, downloaded user manual, and found it vey accurate and useful,
the satnav is brill especially in 3d mode,
it took a couple of hours navigating around all the functions the satnav as but the manual kept me on track.
had a 60 mile journey on wednesday and found the satnav very accurate,
well pleased with this product.. :thumb:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
hi paulmold, downloaded user manual, and found it vey accurate and useful,
the satnav is brill especially in 3d mode,
it took a couple of hours navigating around all the functions the satnav as but the manual kept me on track.
had a 60 mile journey on wednesday and found the satnav very accurate,
well pleased with this product.. :thumb:

The battery is a touch NAFF. Took ages to charge up on the mains. Mind you, it was the wife's turn to pedal.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Just bought one after dithering for ages :Smile: can I join the satnav creche if it gets set up!

David

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just bought one after dithering for ages :Smile: can I join the satnav creche if it gets set up!

David

Welcome Brother!!

Just the satnav tribal indoctrination to go through, and your IN!! Brother Trikeman will do the snipping, he's well versed in minor surgery. ::bigsmile::thumb:

Night Owl

Free Member
Oct 24, 2011
Nr York
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
20 years
Satnav arrived and works really well

It works so well I bought a wireless reversing camera from them. I had to buy it direct from them via an email as it is not sold seperately on their website it cost £25 delivered. It plugged straight in and automatically switched from satnav to reversing camera.

I have not tried it on the motorhome as I am a wimp and it covered up. However it worked about 40ft away through 2 garage walls.

It is shown on their website connected to a 7 inch non truck satnav.

They have been very good in replying to my emails pretty quickly.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp

It works so well I bought a wireless reversing camera from them. I had to buy it direct from them via an email as it is not sold seperately on their website it cost £25 delivered. It plugged straight in and automatically switched from satnav to reversing camera.

I have not tried it on the motorhome as I am a wimp and it covered up. However it worked about 40ft away through 2 garage walls.

Want one! Could you please PM me the details??? Thanks.:thumb:

Night Owl

Free Member
Oct 24, 2011
Nr York
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
20 years
This is how I purchased the camera they sent this email

the camera is 25pounds each one. if you would like to take it, please send the payment to our paypal account pnavisat2011@gmail.com , note your ID, and then tell us here with your transaction ID and paypal account,and your add, therefore it would be easier for us to confirm your payment and arrange to dispatch the item soon.

hope to hear from you soon:))

best regards,
sunny

It arrived in three days
Hope this helps

Night Owl

Free Member
Oct 24, 2011
Nr York
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
20 years
This is the spec of the camera.

thank you for your back. sorry that we do not sell it at ebay. but here is the specifications of the wireless camera:

Product Parameters:

Barrier-free transmission signal 100 meters, 420TV lines high resolution image sensor
Imaging chip: 1/4 color cmos
Waterproof design for outdoor use
Visual angle lens: Diagonal angle of 120 degrees
Horizontal angle of 90 degrees
HD camera illumination Effects more clearly at night and day
6.8G shockproof, IP67 waterproof level Product quality is more stable
Video Input:1.0Vp-p 1.0Vp-p 75 ohm
Power: DC12V+(-) 6V < 200mA
Firing frequency: 2.370GHZ
Operating temperature: -20 Celsius - + 60 Celsius
Installation for a variety of cars, Then reversing light positive red, Black ground wire
Operating voltage: DC5V
Current: - < 150Ma
Receiver Sensitivity: - 90DB
Video Bandwidth: 8.0M
Frequency tuning mode: Built-in PLL
Signal Demodulation: Broadband frequency demodulation
Transfer impedance of the RF: 750hm
IF frequency: 480Mhz
IF bandwidth: 18Mhz
Video Output: Composite sync signal

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks mate, and much obliged for the info. :winky:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010

Link to website please?

Night Owl

Free Member
Oct 24, 2011
Nr York
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
20 years
Hi Andy

I bought it via their ebay mail. After I bought the satnav from here.

Link Removed

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Go to this link, and scroll down to 'camera'. Shows the camera details. I am waiting to hear from them now about how to buy an aftermarket camera, as Peter did.

Link Removed

Night Owl

Free Member
Oct 24, 2011
Nr York
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
20 years
Thats the one, as I posted earlier this is the CAR not a Truck satnav as they don't do a truck one with a camera. To fit the truck one it has to be purchased as I posted earlier.

As Tootles says it does show the camera and if you scoll down it explains how it connects to the satnav.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Go to this link, and scroll down to 'camera'. Shows the camera details. I am waiting to hear from them now about how to buy an aftermarket camera, as Peter did.

Link Removed
Thanks Tootles.

Can you also ask them how we get the photos of these dolly birds that they keep showing in the adverts for these units. I've spent hours looking for them, but with no luck so far. :ROFLMAO:

Cheers,

Jock. :winky:

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Does anyone find that this device is larger than they need? I have a 4.3 inch sat nav and the size is perfect. I fear that this 7 inch model would be too big. However, the features do look good.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Does anyone find that this device is larger than they need? I have a 4.3 inch sat nav and the size is perfect. I fear that this 7 inch model would be too big. However, the features do look good.
If we can get a hold of these dolly bird images, the 7" screen will do for me thanks. :thumb:..................:ROFLMAO:

I've got my first test with it tomorrow morning, with two locations in the PE30 area. I know exactly where I am going, so if it tries to take me wrongly, I'll just turn it off. :winky:

Cheers,

Jock.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I took mine out yesterday, asked it to take me home and the route was the same as my £299 Garmin unit, apart from the right turn across traffic to get into my road, it took me on another half mile to a roundabout then back, just as it should.
Pretty good so far.
Allan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back