LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
About the manual, it says 'Download not available' ? Any ideas why?

I just bought the satnav btw, for use in an LGV. I'll be testing it beforehand and will report findings back here.

Cheers

Chris
non subscribed members can't use certain parts of the forum including downloads. membership is very cheap at £15 a year

EX8

Free Member
Oct 18, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
LGV / Bongo / Caravan
Exp
LGV 30 years
Oh well, looks like my review will have to be subscription only as well. No worries.

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Good morning everyone.

Well I am pleased to say that the unit has arrived, note in my post box when I returned form Manchester last night. Took a stroll along to the sorting office this morning and collected it. (I need the exercise and its only about 1.75 miles there and back)

First impressions are favourable, it was well packed and on opening the package all appeared in good order. I have taken the unit out and placed it on charge. I am mindful of the charging period indicated by others so it will be on charge until I return from my jolly to East Midlands and Manchester today.

As I am rest day tomorrow I will be good and with my copy of the downloaded instructions courtesy of Saint Funster will patiently work through the set up then.

This is almost unique for me, one waiting and two following/reading instructions. I will post my views in due course. I go in with an open mind.

Clive

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Well, I got in about 9.30pm and I managed to wait (on account of not actually being here) but have only glanced at the instructions so far.

Managed to resist device until a drink had been made then gave in. The unit is quite light. I pressed the power button and it came on. The touch screen is perhaps less sensitive or has a plastic film that needs removing to be more sensitive, I have not looked to see if it even has a plastic film, so who knows - yet.

Anyway went through its set up bits very quickly and easily, no problem set time etc and clicked the navigation button. It already had my location on the little screen (my tom tom takes some time even when perched in the window) this had me located from my arm chair in the centre of my flat. That was good. Chose a location in France found that ok. Went to the blue tooth and paired quickly with my iphone. Display seems ok here with the desk light shining on it.

I am off this weekend and will be out local (everything is local on an island this size) tomorrow morning so will pop it on the windscreen of my XC90 and see how it and the display performs then.

That's it for now, don't miss tomorrows gripping installment.

Clive

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Well, so far so good. First impressions are ok.

I used the supplied windscreen mount and clip. I did not bother to plug the 12v in or fit the sunshade. After turning on it found the location as quickly as any of my other devices (an I have a few!).

Popped an address in, the second guessing of the keyboard was good and made this simple and quick. Set off and deliberately failed to follow directions, re-routing prompt very quick and the female voice good. Speed restrictions accurately portrayed - unusual on this island and over limit reported quickly. Arrived at destination no problem.

This without recourse to the manual yet, though that will be necessary for me to "customise the unit". A bright sunny morning here and the screen was bright, clear and easy to read.

I had paired my iphone to it via the blue tooth connection last night and though I did not receive any calls on it. I could hear the ebay reminders coming from it on the items I am currently "watching".

At the moment the set up is as it arrived apart from renaming it Helen for installation in Helen the Hymer. I will look at setting my dimensions etc after lunch. I imagine the acid test will be when I collect Helen from my brother probably a week today when I am back in the UK. I suspect the unit will have to be mounted to the left of the binnacle on the dashboard next to the corner of the windscreen, as before I will not know that until I collect Helen.

Thank you for your interest, there will probably be a pause in this exhausting saga for a few days. If this has not sent you to sleep I am sorry you will have to revert to counting sheep!

Clive

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Well, used the device on the mainland on Sunday when I went to check progress on Helen the Hymer, so far so good.

I will not be able to make any valid judgements now until I have Helen back, have sorted the inside and smartened the outside up so this contributor will be dormant for the time being on this thread.

:)

Nov 8, 2015
Rakitnika, Varna, Bulgaria
Funster No
MH
Damon Daybreak RV
Exp
Now in fifth year and with American RV
When I try to download Pwilmo's manual I get the not allowed thing displayed although I am a fully paid up good guy !! What am I doing wrong please ? Thx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun