Free Member
Sep 21, 2013
skipton
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since2007
i read a post last month about a chinese truck sat nav and a member had done a comparison to tom tom sat nav, there was included in the replies a pdf down load for instuction manual, and a link to the seller ,
could any member please help me locate the post i have searched but must not be doing right.
i have purchased one of these sat navs and i am trying to find out how you can just put the post code in and sat nav will do the rest.(like tom tom)
i would be greatful if any funster could point me in the right direction thank you... bill..

OP
OP
buffallobill

buffallobill

Free Member
Sep 21, 2013
skipton
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since2007
I think this is what you want..

Broken Link Removed

absolutley spot on. thank you very much for your quick and accurate reply
brilliant service from a fellow funster.. :thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
Let me know how you get on with it, I've been looking at them myself.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Been using ours since last year, including from top to south of France. No problems and screen shows useful information well presented. :thumb:

Wyn

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
Ditto the above:Smile:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Got mine midday today. Looks good but converting and adding POIs a bit of a pain. I shall stick to using my TomTom to find the aires when I'm near them, and use this one for the major part of the route to avoid the narrow roads/low bridges.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Got mine midday today. Looks good but converting and adding POIs a bit of a pain. I shall stick to using my TomTom to find the aires when I'm near them, and use this one for the major part of the route to avoid the narrow roads/low bridges.
Same here, (yesterday). I'm dreading trying to convert and adding the Aires and Stelplatz POIs. :Sad: I'll spend a bit of time becoming familiar with the unit first, before attempting anything too adventurous just yet. :winky:

Cheers,

Jock.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010

This online editor will convert all your POI files just load your file and resave it in the format you want
http://www.poieditor.com/

Do not download anything! it is an online program!!

OP
OP
buffallobill

buffallobill

Free Member
Sep 21, 2013
skipton
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since2007
i have found the user manual that you can download posted by trikeman vey useful, Broken Link Removed

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Fallen at the first hurdle....

7" Satnav came today. Looks ok and I got it charging and connected to the computer.
Its telling me the maps are out of date, so I went to the download site, downloaded UK France and Spain maps to be going on with.
The instructions tell me to go to the maps folder and delete the maps I am going to update, then transfer the new maps into the folder.
So, I started with France. Deleted the French files and started to put the new ones in.
First small file went in fine. Larger 202mb file won't go in, unit tells me there is not enough space on the card.
This is where I get confused. The file I deleted was about the same size. I also deleted other files ( Russia, I don't want to go there!) but it still tells me there isn't enough space.
Help!
How do I get these in?

The instruction leaflet has a PS and I don't understand that.. It tells me I have to set Navi path after I update the map....."slide up the main menu to second page...." :Eeek:

Anybody have some foolproof instructions for getting the map updates in and working please?

Allan

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Allan, here is a copy of instructions I received by email this morning, from the seller.

1.After downloading, please unzip the file to several files-> Connect the GPS to the computer->open the file(path:primo\content\map)->press"ctrl+F" to find "UK or Other countries"->delete the them->put the new downloaded UK Truck map into it.->disconnect the computer.
2.Then set navi paht turn on the GPS->Please scroll the main menu to second page,->click “navi path”icon, you will see the path is /ResidentFlash/Primo/igo.exe.-->click the blue button of the bar-> click" /ResidentFlash"->"PRIMO"-> "igo.exe"->"ok". The setting is done. hope it will helps. any other questions, pls tell us here freely. regards, misty '

I haven't gone down that route yet, so I can't comment on how accurate these instructions are.

Good luck. :thumb:

Jock.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
Thanks Jock, I have similar instructions that came with the unit.
I have 4gb of internal memory that all the info is on, including maps. I removed the French maps and tried to put the new ones in, after downloading and unzipping them. I have the maps fine, but when I try to put one of the new maps in ( 200+mb) it tells me there is not enough room. I looked at the internal memory properties and there is only 121mb spare, even though I just deleted the old French maps, over 250mb of them!
Just can't understand why there isn't enough space. It looks like when I delete the files, no room is opened up.
Anybody got any ideas where it is?
Mine also came with an 8GB sd card inserted. Is it possible to transfer all the data off the internal memory to the sd card? At least I would have enough space.
I still can't understand why I cannot free up enough space in the internal memory. I deleted all the Russia maps too, still no difference.

Allan

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Alan

I have looked at my sat nav and it has 1.12gb free on the internal memory don't know what can be taking up your drive.

John

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
As I've said before, I've always been sceptical about how good the mapping data is with large vehicle sat nav systems and, as a result, how good the problem route avoidance is. However, if this Navibuzz unit has sufficiently detailed data then I'm interested.

One other point just sprung to mind though. Does the Navibuzz unit have lane assist for motorway junctions? (Jill loves lane assist ::bigsmile:)

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
Alan

I have looked at my sat nav and it has 1.12gb free on the internal memory don't know what can be taking up your drive.

John
Has yours got 4gb internal memory? Something is taking up all the room and won't let me free it up. I have tried resets but I can't see anyway to increase the amount of free space. I just deleted Russian and Ukranian maps but the free space hasn't changed.
Also, do the spoken directions include street names? I can see the voice in the menu but can't select it.
I sent as message to Navibuzz to see if they can work out whats wrong with the memory.
Allan

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Mine seems fine. True, I haven't messed about with the maps or the memory yet, but as for value for money, it's great. If I had any criticism, it would be on the sound alerts for cameras. It just 'beeps', whereas my TomTom plays the 7th Cavalry charge!
I like the screen layout in 3D. I also like the warnings on schools, bends and stuff.
All in all, well worth the money. ::bigsmile:

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
This is how mine shows up when connected to my PC. There is just one subdirectory named Primo taking 2.38gb.

No the delivered unit did not speak the road names but I got it working on the sd card updated system I am using :thumb:

John

Attachments

• satnav.jpg
    satnav.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 84

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
clipped...........No the delivered unit did not speak the road names but I got it working on the sd card updated system I am using :thumb:
I couldn't figure out why I wasn't able to choose the more detailed voice option. Now I know why.

Thanks John. :Smile:

GJH said:
Thanks both. I might just have a punt
It's definitely worth one Graham. :thumb:

Cheers,

Jock.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
This is how mine shows up when connected to my PC. There is just one subdirectory named Primo taking 2.38gb.

No the delivered unit did not speak the road names but I got it working on the sd card updated system I am using :thumb:

John

Well, after a bit of fiddling about, I managed to free up over 800mb and installed the new French maps.
So, first try out in the car and I must say I am impressed with it, apart from some disembodied voice telling me I am over the speed limit all the time!
I like the way the road names gradually fade in and out as you go past them. Admittantly, I was only out for about half an hour, but it picked up all the recently changed speed limits and didn't try and send me where it shouldn't. £62 well spent, I think.
Allan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back