Aug 11, 2013
Plymouth UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2015
Hi

My daughter wants to buy me a sat nav for Christmas. I know there has been much discussion about the Chinese truck sat nav and have looked on eBay to find several there..

Could you tell me if this is the one most people recommend

Broken Link Removed

or if you would be kind enough to post a link.

Kind regards

Chris

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Hi Chris

They are all the same 4gb inside I believe just branded different the one that was raved about on here was sold by "Navibuzz"(?)
Some swear by it some don't personally I bought one advertised as 12gb ,4gb onboard 8gb SD card.
Had so many faults ,charge problems ,not switching off/on took a dispute from eBay ,(after loads of crap from seller ) to get a full refund

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
We have a Noza Tec .7" Truck Sat Nav.bought from a chap in Glasgow ? It does everything i need it to do,had it about three years and recently got the g/son to update the maps.jobs a good 'un.
However,i am only scratching the surface of what it is capable of as i am not "Techy",but LOADS of members on here,can/will help out. I think one member has the added "Micro Wave" function working.....LOL!!!
Tea Bag

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
If you have an Android or iOS device then I swear by my CoPilot truck satnav software.
Get the software and a low price Android tablet, like Hudl for example and you have a flexible solution that works well. I have run CoPilot Truck on a Nexus for the last 2.5 years and think it is superior to stand alone Navigators.

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
I have one of the cheapo sat navs with a 7" screen about 12 months ago it cost £35.00 delivered to the door! It does everything that it should. It has taken our MH on a month long UK trip and last month a trip of 3,310 miles from home down to the south of France to the Mediterranean and back and I couldn't have managed without it.

We set it to avoid toll roads but to use ferries. It took us right into the docks at Dover and when coming back right into the docks at Calais. We explored small country French roads, it found all of the aires and campsites we wanted and you can enter the location in any of the formats (LatLong/decimal etc). You can enter third party POIs (we used the ones available in this forum), it has speed camera and hazard warnings all of which you can turn on or off as required.

It was one tenth the cost of well known makes. Oh yes AND you get FREE map updates. I updated ours just before we went to France.

We also purchased one of the generic sat nav screen shades for about £5.00, see here.

So what do I think? Great value for money, does everything the expensive ones do. Why pay for a 'name'. You pays your money, you takes your choice.

I hope this helps.

KH

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
Purchased Noza Tec last year to use in Spain and Portugal and cannot fault it. I did have problems when I stood on the 12 volt charger lead and broke the micro usb. So purchase another this year as back up, this one came with wireless reversing camera which also works well.
Set first stop while waiting the leave ferry at Bilbao and after two "recalculating routes" it said "leave the ferry" How good is that!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back