Nov 2, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
18 months
Hi All,
Looking for suggestions re flooding in my van.
I have recently acquired (last week) an Elddis Sunseeker 140 and took her out for a few days to try her out. Well, arrived on site and filled freshwater tank (45 litres) and thought that, that was that. Well, 45 litres didn't seem to go very far and it wasn't long before the taps stopped running. I was a bit puzzled by this. Following morning I noticed my carpets were wet (I know, carpets, posh eh?) then when I opened the undersink cupoard I found water water everywhere!!! even in the grill area below the cooker hob. Not just drips, obviously a major leak somewhere. Anyway, I know the dealer I got her from will sort it out next week but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar and whether putting it right is going to take long now that summer is here. :cry:

Branston1080

Free Member
Oct 30, 2012
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years
Hi
I had similar but in bathroom, any opening of a tap or toilet flush there was water every where.
I thought it would be major but actually the pipe popped off the connector. Check all your pipes and fittings.
Good luck!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Kitchen sink tap has failed, most likely. Usually caused by either not winterising the van, or not doing it properly. The water left in the tap freezes, expands and then you split joins and seals. It isn't until you try and use it the following season, that you realise the damage.

You should have a mixer tap, with two pigtails leading to Push-fit connectors. You will need to remove the sink to get to the tap, screws are beneath the edging seal. One will have a bolt on the end. Release the push fit, unscrew the pigtails and then a large nut on the tap, then pull it away from the apeture. New tap will be roughly around ÂŁ60 - it will either be Whale or more likely Reich. Reverse to refit after cleaning up the damp water.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back