Trouble with my Caver Trumatic sb1800 (1 Viewer)

Leaveyfreya

Free Member
Sep 20, 2009
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Hi
Dont know if this is the right area to ask, but I will try! I am sure someone will list it right if I am wrong.
Our carver Trumatic sb1800 heater is working fine but seems to click randomley as though it is trying to ignite, even though it is working, sometimes only six clicks but other times it could give up to 50 clicks then stops any ideas to the fault? :Doh:
Thanking you in advance

May 22, 2008
Funster No
If you are parked too close to a wall or something the heater can do that, something to do with exhaust gas being restricted ??????????

OP
OP
Leaveyfreya

Leaveyfreya

Free Member
Sep 20, 2009
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
If you are parked too close to a wall or something the heater can do that, something to do with exhaust gas being restricted ??????????

Thanks for that, its not near a wall or anything like, but like you said maybe the exhaust is restricted in some way.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Leaveyfreya

Leaveyfreya

Free Member
Sep 20, 2009
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Are you sure its not just the sound of the metal casing expanding with the heat?

Hi thanks for response defo sounds like the starter i liken it to my gas fire that had a piatzo starter. knowing this is not piatzo.

I think the spelling of piatzo is wrong but you will get the jist

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
are you 100% sure it is still burning when its clicking.

the heat exchanger will still chuck out heat even when the flames gone out.

could be an intermittant flame fault and the ignitor is actually trying to re-light it.

or it could be the flame failure sensor at fault.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

metz

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
Funster No
Hi, I would recommend getting the heater serviced, if the ignitor is operating once lit could indicate several faults, could be a problem with the valve, or the burner, the ignitor itself could be faulty, sparking to earth witch is a HT lead fault, exhaust blocked,could even be a gas supply problem.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back