Trouble shooting with our brand new Bailey autograph 2020 motorhome (1 Viewer)

frenchie 79

Free Member
May 11, 2021
Funster No
MH
c class
Display panel over door not working properly.Says waste full when not & fresh water empty when not.We have calibrated it several times.The whale water pump doesn’t work either.We can fill up with hose but if we get short on water save moving van have tried to fill up with whale but no luck.Sometimes when we have been on a pitch we try & empty waste water into grid provided.when we switch tap on to empty nothing come out.Then we drive off & empty in motorhome waste drain it works.we have had Bailey caravans for years.This is our first motorhome.Any advice would be very much appreciate.

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
Display panel over door not working properly.Says waste full when not & fresh water empty when not.We have calibrated it several times.The whale water pump doesn’t work either.We can fill up with hose but if we get short on water save moving van have tried to fill up with whale but no luck.Sometimes when we have been on a pitch we try & empty waste water into grid provided.when we switch tap on to empty nothing come out.Then we drive off & empty in motorhome waste drain it works.we have had Bailey caravans for years.This is our first motorhome.Any advice would be very much appreciate.
If it’s a new van, have you tried the dealer you bought it from?

Upvote 0
Feb 11, 2017
HALSTEAD ESSEX
Funster No
MH
ih VAN CONVERSION
Exp
Since 2001
i know it doesn’t help you but we had two brand new Bailey Autograph Approach motor homes and the build quality and electrics were appalling, the dealers didn’t want to know and Bailey did not return calls or e mails , we loved the vans , and thought the first one must have been a Friday afternoon van , so part exchanged it for another new one , within six months it had 80% damp round the wheel arches and across the back the Aldi heating water pipes were Never fitted to the walls the radio never worked properly and several of the twelve volt and mains sockets were not connected or wired up wrong , and that’s before you get started on the fixtures and plumbing ,take it back to the dealer and be polite but forceful, they wont want to do it as they only get a fraction of there workshop hourly rates to do warranty work

Upvote 0
Jan 17, 2014
Wellington, Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
Question - How on earth do these dealers get away with such appalling service?

Answer - no one on here and most other forums name and shame them!

If what you post is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth there should be nothing to fear from posting it.

Now you can see why my signature shows five self-builds, I've only my self to blame for errors!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 11, 2017
HALSTEAD ESSEX
Funster No
MH
ih VAN CONVERSION
Exp
Since 2001
The dealer in question was Stowmarket Caravans , strange enough they went bust while we were trying to sought out our second Bailey, which is why we took it up with Bailey , there one and only e mail to us take it to any Bailey dealer in the country and they will do any warranty, yeh right unless you bought it from them they would not touch it with a barge pole .

Upvote 0
Feb 17, 2017
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
A Bit
We bought ours in Darlington and our local Herefordshire dealer is more than happy to look after warranty work, ok the only issue we have had since we have been using them was to replace the rear light cluster surrounds but they have said they are happy to deal with any other warranty issues if any arise.

We did have issues with our fresh water gauge when we first had it but as resetting didn’t seem to fix it the original dealer happily replaced it under warranty, and it’s been fine since (guess I have just been lucky so far)

I assume the issue with your whale pump is with the Stand alone one that plugs into the water inlet, ours worked ok though took me a while to figure out about turning it on at the panel (this was one thing our dealer didn’t cover on the handover and as I didn’t think I would ever use it I didn’t think to ask).

Upvote 0
Feb 17, 2017
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
A Bit
Hi frenchie 79 sorry just re reading your original post and will help if I can, can you just confirm what happens when you open waste on the pitch I only ask as the waste valve on my 2017 Autograph is a manual inline valve so not sure how it could function at a waste point and not on the pitch (not sure if Bailey use different set up now or not)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back