Trouble sending a private message (1 Viewer)

Melanie

Free Member
Mar 10, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Savannah Gold
Exp
I'm a newbie
Can anyone help me, I have tried to send a reply 3 times to a private message today and it is just not sending it or coming up with what I have written.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Melanie

It has not sent anything I have sent today. :shout:

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
It is quite likely you have already sent it three times, I have been there with you!!

Not sure what the answer is, somebody better than me will know:thumb:

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
It is quite likely you have already sent it three times, I have been there with you!!

Not sure what the answer is, somebody better than me will know:thumb:

Been there too:Doh:
If I remember rightly before you send it you need to tick to keep a copy in your message box .
I may be wrong but someone will know:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
dont forget you need to put a title in the relevant box or it wont send it wil just keep bringing back up the unposted message

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
All 5 messages from Sandra (Melanie) were received ok. We had been out all day and not long back to the van::bigsmile:

However, I think a lot of us have had similar problems when sending a PM to another funster. Perhaps it might be a good idea if there was a "copy of sent messages" put into the message system, then we could see what was sent and we would know then that it had been sent successfully:thumb:

Perhaps maybe Jim could look into this and see if this could be done......just an idea.

On the subject of updates/replies to posts etc, all my updates are once again going to my "junk folder" and not my "inbox". Don't know why this should be happening because all updates had been coming into my "inbox" for years without any problem. Despite marking them as safe, they still go into "junk":Angry:

Margaret

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
All 5 messages from Sandra (Melanie) were received ok. We had been out all day and not long back to the van::bigsmile:

However, I think a lot of us have had similar problems when sending a PM to another funster. Perhaps it might be a good idea if there was a "copy of sent messages" put into the message system, then we could see what was sent and we would know then that it had been sent successfully:thumb:

Perhaps maybe Jim could look into this and see if this could be done......just an idea.

On the subject of updates/replies to posts etc, all my updates are once again going to my "junk folder" and not my "inbox". Don't know why this should be happening because all updates had been coming into my "inbox" for years without any problem. Despite marking them as safe, they still go into "junk":Angry:

Margaret

might have guessed you were involved Margaret, I seem to recall I sent you three messages first time I contacted you as well :Doh:

There has been another thread going tonight about junk emails and solutions, can't remember who started that though

Last edited:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the email thread is here
Broken Link Removed

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
might have guessed you were involved Margaret, I seem to recall I sent you three messages first time I contacted you as well :Doh:

There has been another thread going tonight about junk emails and solutions, can't remember who started that though

David, I hope you're not suggesting I am to blame for this?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::winky:
I do remember those messages that you didn't think had gone and they had :Doh:
All 5 messages were received ok from the funster, but we were in Edinburgh all day and didn't log on to the forum till quite late. So that was why she thought there was a problem with the system......

Are you at home or away in the van just now? We've been at this site for 2 weeks, the van hasn't moved since we arrived, so fingers crossed it start on Saturday morning when we leave to go home:Sad:

Margaret

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
David, I hope you're not suggesting I am to blame for this?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::winky:
I do remember those messages that you didn't think had gone and they had :Doh:
All 5 messages were received ok from the funster, but we were in Edinburgh all day and didn't log on to the forum till quite late. So that was why she thought there was a problem with the system......

Are you at home or away in the van just now? We've been at this site for 2 weeks, the van hasn't moved since we arrived, so fingers crossed it start on Saturday morning when we leave to go home:Sad:

Margaret

Home for a few weeks, Chester next outing for us at Easter

We will think of you on Saturday, have you not been on hook up? If you have you should be OK

See you again sometime soon hopefully

Oh and we are going to be grandparents Oct 1st (ish) not sure if we told you ::bigsmile: very happy

D, B + L x

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Home for a few weeks, Chester next outing for us at Easter

We will think of you on Saturday, have you not been on hook up? If you have you should be OK

See you again sometime soon hopefully

Oh and we are going to be grandparents Oct 1st (ish) not sure if we told you ::bigsmile: very happy

D, B + L x

We have been on hook up and the battery status is showing "good":thumb:
Congratulations on your happy news, that's super, you'll both be really excited about that.
We're all going into Edinburgh tomorrow night for a curry and a few drinks.......that should be good fun, but Bill's got "man flu" and feeling sorry for himself......it's a man thing:RollEyes:
We're planning to take a month away in Ireland soon, so will let you know how that goes........the cheapest ferry seems to be around £219 so we'll need to bit the bullet before too long. But let us know if you're coming up our neck of the woods before then.

Big hugs for Lola::bigsmile:

Margaret

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Perhaps it might be a good idea if there was a "copy of sent messages" put into the message system, then we could see what was sent and we would know then that it had been sent successfully:thumb:
That feature is already there, if I understand what you are after correctly.

Scroll further down the message sending page & under 'Additional options' you will find a tick box for 'Save a copy of this message in your Broken Link Removed folder.'

You can set your own preferences so that this box is ticked by default.

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
That feature is already there, if I understand what you are after correctly.

Scroll further down the message sending page & under 'Additional options' you will find a tick box for 'Save a copy of this message in your Broken Link Removed folder.'

You can set your own preferences so that this box is ticked by default.

I had forgotten about this:Doh: I think we're all sorted out now, originally Melanie sent me several messages but didn't think they'd reached me because we were away all day and only just replied late tonight.
I've passed this "save copy" info on to her now, so that's us all sorted out;

If we can stop the updates from fun going into "junk" that will be a result"!

Thanks for the help:thumb:

Margaret

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
also if you put your response in the quick reply rather than new message, etc., it automatically keeps the response in a roll on so you can keep a full record of the thread you are talking about.... Did you understand that?:Doh:

OP
OP
M

Melanie

Free Member
Mar 10, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Savannah Gold
Exp
I'm a newbie
Trouble with Messaging

Thanks everyone for your help, I was a bit worried about this particular message not going through because it had a lot of details Margaret and Bill needed on it. I have sorted it now, I'm not going mad after all!

Thanks again:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back