Sundowner ll

Free Member
Aug 29, 2020
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I'm buying my first MH early next year then intend travelling throughout the UK in the spring/summer to meetings & rallies, then once I've got used to the van, hopefully, spend the winter months in Spain. I've been reading about and following on youtube a couple of "Van-lifers." (are they different from full-timers?) But more and more there seems to be a conflict with locals, graffiti, vandalism, etc, giving the impression that MH's are now less welcome in some areas. Any personal experiences? Thanks

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
I have never experienced any vandalism, but, I don't doubt it happens. If you park sensibly, and feel comfortable with your surroundings, you wll be fine. More likely to have vandalism in the UK, if you know where to look.

Don't believe everything you see on you tube. And don't believe anyone who has been 'gassed' either.

Craig

Jul 1, 2012
Nr Whitby
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
On & off since late70s
If I had to try and define the terms I would suggest that full timers just get on with what they are doing and happen to live in mobile accommodation.
Van lifers seem to be more interested in showing everyone what they are doing and soliciting donations to support their life style.
like any generalisation this won’t bear close scrutiny but just my suggestion.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I'm buying my first MH early next year then intend travelling throughout the UK in the spring/summer to meetings & rallies, then once I've got used to the van, hopefully, spend the winter months in Spain. I've been reading about and following on youtube a couple of "Van-lifers." (are they different from full-timers?) But more and more there seems to be a conflict with locals, graffiti, vandalism, etc, giving the impression that MH's are now less welcome in some areas. Any personal experiences? Thanks
There are some vanlifers doing YouTube blogs that really could do with a good slap.
Some out themselves in ridiculous situations and advertise their every move and how the live ie taking water from peoples garages , cemeteries etc etc and others who made bleeding heart videos about how nasty locals objected to them driving in convoy 500 miles during a lockdown and setting up camp etc.

Most are nothing like normal fulltimers who dont use their lifestyle to try and nake money or draw a fanbase following.

Ive parked in some great places and some not so great ...never had any trouble with vandalism etc ...in fact while there may have been youths etc hanging around they have not once approached my van

Park wisely and you wont have issues

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
sorry wrong thread

Attachments

• senj.jpg
    senj.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 70