NIC S

Free Member
Mar 19, 2009
WESTON SUPER MARE
Funster No
MH
C CLASS
Exp
Hi I could do with some feed back with ref to my fuel consumption,I have 5.5 t GVW 28 foot C Class,On my first trip travelining at 60-70MPH mostly motorway It returned 7.2 miles per gallon running on LPG with the cheaper cost of LPG (57.7p per litre) being equivalent to 14 MPG,what would I realistcally expect to get with the same speeds running it on petrol-I was told it would be 12 mpg on petrol so not a lot different but I've not had the chance or inclination to fill it up with petrol (£250) to test the consumption.I was hoping it would return more on LPG but presumably it doesn't burn as well as petrol ?.Please share your consumption figures.Nic
PS admitably I was using the cruise control and on some of the hills the gearbox was dropping gears to try and maintain the 70 mph cruise setting.I now turn the cruise off on hills.

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
We have had a few LPG cars and RVs and not noticed any change in mpg. Im lead to believe that LPG doesnt burn as hot as petrol so doesnt give the same amount of power but ive never noticed a difference.

The mpg your getting sounds about right but if you drop your speed by 5-10 mph you will notice a difference, good idea about the cruise, turn it off up hills!!!

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I get 12mpg from my Triton V10, thats with 24 Foot Long and 6.8 ton. I drive at around 55 to 60mph.

When in Cruise Control I feel as though the I can see the needle on the petrol gauge dropping. I try to use it only when my ankle starts to get a bit tired and stressed now.

Jim
:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Griffs

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
SOUTH WALES
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
Hi.
We have got a winnebago b class with the v10 , Last year in Spain we could get 14 mpg on petrol (on the motorways) but we do not catch the wind so much as you guys with the c class.
I also dont drive above 60mph plus I agree that the cruise controls ok on nice long flat roads and not on hills and climbs, you will not get the same mpg with lpg but the difference is very little and loss of power will not be noticed, we had our conversion done a shortwhile ago and on three times out it was the best money we have spent on the rv.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
If you contact me I can help you get your LPG cheaper.

I will get you an account with Countrywide Farmers at a stonking rate and their in Weston:winky:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
15 mpg including using the generator

Hi I could do with some feed back with ref to my fuel consumption,I have 5.5 t GVW 28 foot C Class,On my first trip travelining at 60-70MPH mostly motorway It returned 7.2 miles per gallon running on LPG with the cheaper cost of LPG (57.7p per litre) being equivalent to 14 MPG,what would I realistcally expect to get with the same speeds running it on petrol-I was told it would be 12 mpg on petrol so not a lot different but I've not had the chance or inclination to fill it up with petrol (£250) to test the consumption.I was hoping it would return more on LPG but presumably it doesn't burn as well as petrol ?.Please share your consumption figures.Nic
PS admitably I was using the cruise control and on some of the hills the gearbox was dropping gears to try and maintain the 70 mph cruise setting.I now turn the cruise off on hills.

We have a Winnebago Apect - 23'9" and pull a small trailer .. we are all up about 5.5 tons On out trip to France this year - up hill and down using crusie control we were doing about 15 to the gallon on our 2005 V10 triton .. did not go above about 55 mph and the revs wer around 1800 to 2,000 max... I find I get very similar to that in the UK. If you drive it with care it does a lot better than my 30' A class on a V8 (8 mpg) I had. I think the B class helps no end. I tend to fill up when I get down to 3/4 tank so I haul a lot of fuel with full LPG domestic tank and if going to a meet such as a DA meet with no guarentee of water I haul a full tank of that as well.
I find having air assisted suspension helps and stops roll and I get a smoother ride and I feel that has to help the fuel I use on a trip.

I have had higher consumption on some trips, but the avarage is 14 to 15 mpg.::bigsmile:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Our Hurricane 7.1 ton on triton gives 8mpg on lpg cruising at 57mph.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
I get around 7.5mpg on LPG, and that's with an all up weight of 8.75t, you need to sort your right foot out. :Smile:

Olley

Edgie

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
C Class
5.4 V8 Triton in a 5.2 ton 24ft C Class on petrol at 65mph cruise control average 12mpg.

Feb 3, 2008
Highworth
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 85
Fleetwood bounder 34v 36 foot long towing 1.2 corsa all up about 11 tons around 8 to the gallon petrol or LPG at 55-60

Pete

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back