Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
We are just preparing for our first mh trip to Germany via Belgium. We intend spending a couple of days on the Mosel; has anyone done the trip or one similar who can offer tips about travel - autobahns, suitable stelle platz or any useful travel info?
We are away for 6 weeks so we have allowed ourselves plenty of time.

Norman

PS If anyone has a guide to Stelleplats they are not using I would be interested in purchasing an outdated copy.

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
There are so many stellplatze along the Mosel that you will be spoilt for choice.
The Mosel valley is one big vineyard and has many pretty towns and villages. Bernkastel-Kues is especially attractive with some nice pavement culture.
If you get as far as the Rhine then I would recommend one of the many short cruises on the river.

Attachments

• vcm_s_kf_repr_832x624.jpg
    vcm_s_kf_repr_832x624.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
mosel

Hi all along the river there are places to stop don't know if you are going as far as Trier but well worth a visit you will love the whole experience hope you have a great trip i'm sure you will as for the autobahns got to be the best roadsin europe happy travels Rod

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
This is what we did on Recommendation of a friend.
Free motorway via Belgium down to Luxembourg, Fill up cheap fuel ::bigsmile:
Then on to Trier, stay at the stellplatz there and start travelling up the river from there.
At Trier visit the town and go into tourist office by the Roman gateway.. You can get a map there, in English, of the river...
There are so many places to stop you will be spoilt for choice..
TIP... Get on early as they do get busy..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrvDsbM7PvA"]Wohnmobilstellplatz Trier - YouTube[/ame]

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Then on to Trier, stay at the stellplatz there and start travelling up the river from there.
At Trier visit the town and go into tourist office by the Roman gateway.. You can get a map there, in English, of the river...

Thanks for that...................when the guys turns up he is using a special card............what is that.....do you need one to get in ?.or can you just drive into them ?

thanks

barry

OP
OP
normanandsue

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007

Wohnmobilstellplatz Trier - YouTube

Video is great but I see them using a card. Do I need one of these and if so where do I get one.

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
We biked to Boppard from StGoar, nice little marina camp site right on the Rhine, lovely watching the barges go up and down river

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
That card system is just at Trier, none of the others I have ever used had them. At others someone generally comes round to take the money. At Trier the card is ejected from the entrance machine. If you want to hook up or use the toilets you have to load some money on. For emptying or water filling you do not need to put any money on the card until you leave. Then you go to the machine at the cabin, insert the card, pay the total it asks for, take card again and insert the card in the exit machine. Jane :Smile:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Now this is from memory ..!!

You drive in and park up.. There is a machine next to office, all instructions on there.
It's like a prepay card. you load on some credit and the card can be used on site ie.
To use the showers x amount, fill fresh water x amount. Electricty x amount.. Plus you daily parking.. When you leave you go to machine, select that your leaving and the card gets read on what you have used. Any balance is repaid. Similar is if you only load a small amount to start with and stay longer than you planned, you can go to machine and top up..

It's been a few years now but system seems to work ok...
There were also MANY vans not far away near a McDonalds that were wildcamping.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
If you have either a tomtom or Garmin, there is a POI file on here with all the stellplatz on it :thumb:

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
there are designated places for 3 motorhomes in the car park behind the police station in Boppard, you can download all the stellaplatz for free from bordatlas

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back