Trip to see the Tulips and Windmills (1 Viewer)

Harco

Free Member
Oct 12, 2016
Atherstone
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7096+
Exp
20 yrs
Hi all,
We are planning a trip to Holland this coming April, to see the tulips and windmills.
We have allowed three weeks to visit many parts of the country, and would like any advice and help, to which would be the best route to take.
Also can anyone tell me if it's ok travelling around on a scooter. Only all I've heard about are push bikes and worried that it may be a waste of time taking it?

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum...then-chose-turn-right-or-left-or-both.104891/

we did similar 2 years ago by motorhome having done it previously by car 10 years earlier, I wrote about our plans and the trip in the thread above, a lot of waffle but hopefully some things might be useful, at least the Holland bit anyway (y)

We liked Gouda a large car park aire and nice town, we timed it right and got a free night as part of a days festival

One thing we did notice was there appeared to be far fewer bulb fields 2 years ago than 12 years ago

I must say 3 weeks would be 2 weeks more than you will need for bulbs, but we were always on a mission to see some sun on same trip, but we had good weather, dry, cold and sunny

:)(y)

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
If you wish to see the great displays at Keukenhof gardens a local site that I used is , Abbenes GPS N 52,22630 E4,61911 Hoeve't Groene Hart Kaagweg50 .Its a family run farm very nice people.

OP
OP
H

Harco

Free Member
Oct 12, 2016
Atherstone
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7096+
Exp
20 yrs
Thank you all for you tips regarding our up and coming trip.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
Hi all,
We are planning a trip to Holland this coming April, to see the tulips and windmills.
We have allowed three weeks to visit many parts of the country, and would like any advice and help, to which would be the best route to take.
Also can anyone tell me if it's ok travelling around on a scooter. Only all I've heard about are push bikes and worried that it may be a waste of time taking it?
We have been 3 times and regard Keukenhof as the 8th Wonder of the world. A lot of the Dutch don't wear crash helmets which horrified us. Our favourite camping place is Strandbad near Edam, with lovely views over the Zeider Zee.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
We have been 3 times and regard Keukenhof as the 8th Wonder of the world. A lot of the Dutch don't wear crash helmets which horrified us. Our favourite camping place is Strandbad near Edam, with lovely views over the Zeider Zee.
Strange about crash helmets. Britsh didn't wear them till 60's.

Edit. 1973

Reactions: f6c

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
This was last year. Lovely country.
Ah yes I appreciate that. Still lots of countries without skid lids but I certainly remember riding without a helmet. Now, you need then on a tricycle. I think it makes them feel invulnerable much as seat belts in cars etc.

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
If camping near Edam a nice trip is to cycle around to Havenbuurt and take the ferry back to Volendam. Nice quayside bars and restaurants there.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back