Trip to Italy via Aosta Valley (1 Viewer)

Hymerm60

Free Member
Oct 20, 2012
Kent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
caravan 30+yrs 1st yr motorhome
Hi there
I am planning to travel thru the Aosta Valley in April, after the snow has gone, is it best to use the Toll road or is it ok to use the other road ?
thought's please.::bigsmile:

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
we travelled through there earlier in the year and found the non-toll road was fine, generally it was next to the toll road but not as straight. we didnt really notice any significant time difference using this road.

if you are looking for a campsite we used http://www.campingarcenciel.it/ just outside Morgex.

OP
OP
Hymerm60

Hymerm60

Free Member
Oct 20, 2012
Kent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
caravan 30+yrs 1st yr motorhome
Thanks for the info,:thumb: one more question, did you "report" in to the local police or town hall, as suggested in some travel books, or not bother ?:RollEyes:
we are travellling with a mini schnauzer would that make any difference that you know of ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
I wouldnt think that was necessary but as we do not have a dog I am not qualifed to answer that. The only time I have checked-in was with the british consulate when I was working in Nigeria but thats a whole different story.

If you are coming through the Mt Blanc tunnel it's worth stopping in Chamonix for a few days and getting the 3 day pass which lets you use all the cable cars and trains throughout the valley.

Also just part Cormayeur is a turning off to a place called La Thuile which is also worth a visit.

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Also, if you use the Mt. Blanc tunnel, watch your speed. I think it's 50kph, I ought to know for certain as I got a ticket but I can't remember :Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back