trip to Europe 2015 (1 Viewer)

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
Been busy planning our trip next June to Holland, Germany ,Denmark, Czech Republic, Luxemburg, Belgium (attending VW rally in Chimay)
Driving from Ijmuiden north to Bergum, into Germany, then Denmark (always wanted to go over the (Oresund Bridge) back drive south to Gedser catch ferry to Rostock, onto Berlin,Prague, Dresden then slow drive west visiting various places , stopping in Luxemburg (cheap fuel) then onto the VW rally before heading north to catch the ferry back home to Newcastle.
We will be there for all of June and returning 1st July. Done Spain too many time now time for a change.
If any "Funsters" who have any preferred sites or must do's/don't do's, any/all help would be much appreciated

gluck

Free Member
Sep 22, 2012
gillingham, Kent
Funster No
MH
autocruise stargazer H/To
Exp
4th summer with present van, previously VW campervans
On my very first trip abroad in my newly acquired van, a friend and I travelled 3000 miles in the summer of 2012 through to mid Sweden where we visited a railway museum, (both being train enthusiasts). We used mostly Aires sites which in Sweden were picnic areas during the day on the trunk roads. We tended only to need camp sites every 3 days, one of which in a popular resort required membership of a national camping club (£30).

On the way north in east Denmark we stayed at a farm which cost about £9 for two nights and in Copenhagen we camped at an Aires in a car park within walking distance of "The Mermaid". Before we crossed the Oresund Bridge/tunnel (£70) there was also a toll bridge in Copenhagen which although it accepted my card, no charge was made. We camped in the centre of Stockholm at an Aires site with all facilities (Car park) under a flyover but at £25 and within walking distance of the city centre was a bargain, especially in Sweden.

We then continued down the east coast and took the ferry (£131) to Rostok and on to Hamburg to visit the Miniature Wunderland (model railway museum). One day here was not time enough to see the enormous layout. Then made our way home after four weeks away.

The Aires book was worth the initial cost and my SatNav was indispensable especially in the country areas using the book's co-ordinates.

Anorak??

OP
OP
tjay
Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
Hi Gluck and thanks for the info, we are not going any further than Malmo before heading south to Gedser to get the Scandialines ferry to Rostol. Like the sound of the miniature Wunderland though, will have to visit that !!Mitzimad, we are going 28/5/15 to 3/7/15

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back