Free Member
Jan 17, 2017
Canterbury
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato McLouis
Exp
1 Year
Good morning, I hope everyone is well and well rested as I have a real poser for you. I have checked my calendar and I have nothing happening between the 20th. February and Easter weekend, so need to be back home for the 13th. April, I would like suggestions as to where I should take myself and the wife for all that period or just parts of it. I live in the far southeast of England just 15 minutes from the ferry port, 25 minutes to the tunnel 45 minutes to M25. Now I fully realise there are lots of places both home and abroad to try and I do have one or two places in mind, but, I am happy to try other suggestions of places to go. I don't mind driving and I think four or five hours a day is quite easy for me, so I could drive for longer. Once we stop, if it is late in the day all I want to do is hook up if possible and cover the screen, if I intend to stay more than one night I like to put up the awning cause my big comfy camping chairs have a special hole for my can of lager, (takes me 30 to 40 minutes to complete pitch up).

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
6-7 weeks. i think i would do Florence and back, via Basle, Milan, Bologna, Florence, then back via Pisa, Lucca, Cinque Terra, (might go to Sienna, then back through Provence, Rhone Valley hoiking a right and doing Alsace

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
Personally I'd always go for the best possible weather so I'd make a fairly speedy drive south into Spain until I find the warm sun and then bimble from there.
I know nice weather is not guaranteed there but more likely than in Brecon or Skegness :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

My Dog Likes Fishing

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678
Exp
Hang on while I look at my watch
Blackpool..... got a nice tower..,,, lovely beach.... donkeys and kiss me quick hats. On a calm evening it's a fine view out to the gas rigs. You may need your vest and thermal undies though

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Personally I'd always go for the best possible weather so I'd make a fairly speedy drive south into Spain

I agree, worst of the winter just about over but getting there is not without difficulty. I'd go via Santander cut out potentially snowy France.

Head direct to Benidorm area then round to Portugal as the weather improves.

MannClan

Free Member
Dec 5, 2015
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
coachbuild
Exp
approx 2003
you could stay in UK and go to Blackpool but as you live in the south east why not go to .............................................YORKSHIRE !!!!!!!!!!
pie an pays, rite good ale tha nose, no bloody lancastrians etc etc

easy choice

OP
OP
RickT

RickT

Free Member
Jan 17, 2017
Canterbury
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato McLouis
Exp
1 Year
Thanks for the suggestions, I will probably have to pass on Lanzarote ferry
return £1,098.11 for instance, it's slightly outside my intended budget, was thinking of continental Europe, but Yorkshire/Lancashire worth thinking about, I have been to English Lakes a few times and must admit with a good raincoat it's a lovely place. I will keep all your suggestions in mind as I ponder my travel plans, I don't have to rush into a decision as still a few weeks before the 20th. February and that date can be varied.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back