Trip journal app or site - what do you recommend? (1 Viewer)

The Lobster

Free Member
Aug 13, 2011
Borders of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Bürstner A576
Exp
Still getting started
I'm a beginner - and in anticipation that we'll find lots of locations that we'll want to make a note of, I've been searching for an app or web site that might let us record this sort of thing. The nearest I've found to what I want is http://www.trip-journal.com but it's only available on iPhone or Android (we mostly use Windows Phone).

We want to take pictures, and have their GPS automatically logged, make notes etc. and rate where we've been - then be able to look back on a map of where we've been. Do you do this already? How? Thanks.

--Andrew

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Don't know if this is any use to you but have you looked at the one note app on Windows phone, it seems to have a travel planner built in and it fits in with one drive for photos, only a suggestion , havnt tried it(y):)

Upvote 0
Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
There are lots of travel planners out there but not really one that has hit the spot yet for us motorhomers.
Rvlog (on android) is ok but a bit clunky..

Would be interested to hear other views

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
The Lobster

The Lobster

Free Member
Aug 13, 2011
Borders of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Bürstner A576
Exp
Still getting started
Hadn't considered OneNote - use it on desktop Windows - so I'll look at that further. RVLog seems to slightly miss the mark with its emphasis on winning "points" for logging things... whilst it would be good to share what we log, that wasn't the prime purpose. There do seem to be a lot of US-oriented RV trip planning apps, but most appear to be tailored for use only in the US and only available on iOS (presumably because that's where Apple is most popular) :(

Upvote 0
OP
OP
The Lobster

The Lobster

Free Member
Aug 13, 2011
Borders of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Bürstner A576
Exp
Still getting started
RV Companion has the right features.... but it appears to only have been written for iOS and I've just finally eradicated all Apple devices from the house :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back