LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
The day we went into lockdown Harry was due to have his 8 week trim, by today (another 8 weeks later) the situation was getting desperate. Luckily our groomer restarted business today after putting some SD rules in place.
IMG_0213.jpg

When your hair's in your eyes and you can't see!
IMG_0218 (002).jpg

I can see!
IMG_0219 (002).jpg

Poppy looking intelligent after her trim (normal 12 week)

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Unfortunately for us, our dog is booked in this weekend, and they are saying “they aren’t allowed to open yet”. Complete tosh, and very frustrating ???
I may have ago myself ???

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mark and Mindy

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
Long-handled hedge trimmers? :giggle:

Looking gorgeous by the way?.
She already had a double entryway to stop any dog from escaping if somebody came in while a dog was being dropped off or collected.
She has set up a system of us taking off our own dog leads and collars, hand sanitising and then using the slip lead she provides, hook lead over the gate and leave the dog(s). On the return hand sanitising, remove her slip lead and replace with our own leads and collars, and job done!
She cleans all handles and the sanitiser thoroughly each time a client leaves.
Payment is done by bank transfer and she checks to make sure the money has arrived, after all she has our dogs as "hostages" :rofl:
Unfortunately for us, our dog is booked in this weekend, and they are saying “they aren’t allowed to open yet”. Complete tosh, and very frustrating ???
I may have ago myself ???
Have you got dog clippers, or is it a scissor job?

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Its surprisingly easy to do your own so long as you are prepared to buy decent clippers. Loads of youtube videos showing how you do individual breeds. I used to clip my 3 cocker spaniels in the 80's , looked better than professional efforts. I now hand strip my Welsh Terrier after watching youtube vids.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
I took Mum’s dog for a trim last week as the groomer had started up again. (Didn’t allow Mum to risk being out)

They had set up airlock for the dog, so basically no contact with groomer at all. Payment was by phone/card so again no contact.

There are Thousands of businesses out there from all sectors that are going to have to setup “safe” trading practices to stay in business, life is going to be very different for a while. :(

C33JAY

Free Member
Dec 13, 2019
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
2 x years Travelling in Europe in our VW T6
This is Sparky our 4 month old Rescue who was smuggled into the UK via Dover from Bulgaria (Puppy Farm) and as you can appreciate he has never been groomed until we took him in,
My wife started to groom him but struggled due to the many lumps of matted fir he had so he had to have a very close cut indeed which im sure he feels better for. He does look Funny though :giggle:

Before
20200406_120603.jpg

After
20200531_190116.jpg
20200531_181958.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread