Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Ah-ha,,,,,, It's my recent project, not me in a kilt.:roflmto:

Anyway, having both a very 'inquisitive' Staffie and a cracking drive away awning, we had a windy gap under the van which the dog escaped out of when ever someone went past and could blow the awning up like a balloon if the wind was in the right direction.
Remedy - 5 meters of 70cm skirt, two awning rails, 20 stainless screws and 1/4 tube of Sikaflex and here we are. OK, use of the electric step is now redundant but we used a takeaway step most of the time as it is. I am currently making a 'flap' that goes over the wheel apature fitted by a couple of suckers (not me and the Wife by the way) which tucks in behind the skirt.
Here is the photo, a tad under 5 meters long so no more windiness and missing dogs and deafness caused by high pressure in the awning. The awning carpet now rolls up to and on the skirt for a nice air tight seal.
:roflmto:

Regards,

Trikeman. :winky:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
As a matter of interest, I could not be bothered fitting an awning rail but get a passable result using a load of 2" suckers off ebay.

You could cut a neat slot for the step if you wanted, I had to so our door could open.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back