Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
ours was similar to the pheonix . we traded under kernow trikes .
packed it in 15 yrs ago but still have the mould etc . plus lots of bits . aluminium tanks . stainless buggy exhausts etc . got enough bits to build three here . but never seem to have the time . with 5 m,bikes and the truck . a bongo and a teardrop . always something to play with .

Attachments

• img057.jpg
    img057.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 30
  • img056.jpg
    img056.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 33

163phil

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Kenilworth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Still only a year after many years camping
the rules dont have to make sense . they are just rules .
glad to help.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools (Douglas Bader, Reach for the Sky - one of my favourite sayings, and my signature on another bike forum):Smile:

Looks good Peter. One point though - I hope your front tyre is a lot wider than the rim, for it'd be a real shame to touch that lovely chrome with it sitting so low.:thumb:

OP
OP
Peter & Elaine
Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Peter,

Do I recall that you live round the south Leeds neighbourhood? If so are you a member of Yorkshire Trikers?

My brother-in-law got a trike about a year ago, and is now on his second one. He's just been building a trailer I think to pull behind his camper on a trip to Normandy later this year.

They certainly get about a bit on it.

Simon

Yes I am a member one of the early ones but stopped when it got political
Still go up squires some times
Bob hope one the originals was a bit of a mentor of mine for building trikes I did 4 bike based all on yams there is a pic on here some where of my last one pulling a trailor tent I built it got it legal but sold it before it went for paint
And bought the rewaco
Still get the urge to have a dabble again

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Peter & Elaine
Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Well after all this talk on trikes this weekend it had to be done
Elaine and look at the sun and agreed sod it lets go for a run
Left home before lunch down over denby dale and followed our noses out towards lady bower dam down on to Buxton and into Matlock bath around working our wat back up to m1 at clay cross and home about 170 mile
Trike ran like a dream a good pub lunch somewhere near Buxton
Elaine had a dable on front again but my nerves are ok now

All in all a great day out

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
nice up there . i used to enjoy going to nabd meetings and riding across over there. did a wedding in chesterfield years ago . trike chauffer glad it was dry.
i went for a ride on my drifter today . great like a summers day . makes you glad to be alive . lets hope its going to be a sunny summer.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
back OT I agree re brakes need to work if fitted, also you need to ensure that the hitch wont hit the ground if it seperated from the ball when towing. Only needs a skid plate beneath the hitch and breakaway cable for pulling on the handbrake, so very simple to comply

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Thanks for pic. Looks an amazing machine. Was talking to some bikers at Bristol bike show last week and they were concerned about the potential wear on the differential? Because the oil would be on at an angle and leave the diff partially unlubricated. Any views.
A totally non-expert opinion but .............. the angle will be considerably less than any vehicle climbing a hill, pulling hard, fully loaded, and working its diff to the limit. The pinion bearing is normally lubricated by oil thrown forward by the rotating crownwheel - which remains in the oil at any angle. I wouldn't worry at all about towing with the front lifted.

OP
OP
Peter & Elaine
Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
I am not concerned about diff wear but I did have some concerns over wear in gear box on main shaft nose bearing to input shaft but it's a very easy fix and parts are very cheap and easy to find

scally

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 15, 2010
essex and lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Eldiss Autoquest 320
Exp
since 1998
It brings a whole new world to motorhome use
We have always had bikes and camping but as we got older it lost its appeal so we moved over to trikes and trailer tents again as you get older you want the comfort so we got rid of everything and bought the van and rewaco
It's as near perfect as we could get comfortable living and freedom there is nothing better on a summers day to just go for a run out to coast or just a local run for a meal when on sites we have transport to go where we like and no matter where we stop its a head turner some times we can't get away from people with questions it's quite a buzz and I don't mind
Shortest run chip shop
Longest run trike alone from home to Portsmouth Santander crossing and rode it home via Rotterdam
Elaine would never let me part with it nor would I want to
It's proberbly the most fun we get together
I think snowbird is same with his buggy
as we come closer to retirement I believe it will get more and more use

Do we enjoy it the word enjoy does not even come close
you and me both Bro ride free :cooler::cooler::cooler:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i used to pull my teardrop behind the trike .
havent got a pic behind the trike but here,s one of it behind my old t2.
originaly it was pulled behind a m,bike and sidecar . the colours was the sidecars colours .
it was a bit rare in 1991 . still have it . too many memories to get rid of it .

Attachments

• img027.jpg
    img027.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 14

scally

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 15, 2010
essex and lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Eldiss Autoquest 320
Exp
since 1998
DSCF2083.JPG DSCF2084.JPG DSCF2085.JPG
not as posh as some but ALL MINE hand built by me
2.jpg 11.JPG
how it all started 7 years ago

OP
OP
Peter & Elaine
Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Well now I've gone and done bought a old yam virago 535
And in my pile of junk in garage I have a reliant axial with a very low diff
Now the question do I or don't trike it this winter
I think I know the answer
Elaine was last seen/heard as she walked away muttering things like idiot and other things not repeatable in polite company

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
better than the reliant is the honda or suzuki van axles . much better for trikes .
mind i prefer vw trikes myself .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back