Triggering an alert on a tracker! (1 Viewer)

Jul 11, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo TL680g
Exp
returnee
Hi, looking for some inspiration and technical advice from those who may have boldly gone before me.

We have a Strikeback Alarm fitted to our Burstner motorhome 2017 Ducato. The guys at Vanbitz were incredibly helpful and the alarm is perfect for the job.

As added security I have fitted a tracker from www.rewiresecurity.co.uk (DB1 Advanced GPS Tracker Telematics Device). This is an amazing bit of kit for the money - comes complete with an App for tracking and alerts (https://gpslive.co.uk/). (Also useful to look back at your journey on their map). Plus again great support from them when I had some issues with connectivity in France.

However what I would like to do is get some additional warning from the tracker other than Ignition on or Movement out of a zone. Ideally I would like to connect the tracker to either the cab door switches or when the Hazard lights are triggered by the Strikeback alarm. currently I cannot find anything helpful as to how to tackle this, except some references to connecting to the CANBUS! I am really wary about this step so has anyone get any advice from previous experience, or do I leave well alone.

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
Have a word with young Eddie about engine block and tracker. Does what you are looking for for roughly ÂŁ500. At the pricier end of the options list but very good. And you know it's been done properly. I wouldn't want to mess with mine never mind a 17 plate!

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
You shouldn't need to go near the CANBUS and as you already have a Strikeback alarm I suspect VanBitz will be able to provide the information you need - without having to buy their tracker.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
As above - stick with Eddie. I have a system which does what you describe supplied by another company - someone enters vehicle, alarm triggered and the tracking company are alerted and call me. But as you have most of the components already in place just build on that. Vanbitz make a good product. :)

OP
OP
Mark McG
Jul 11, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo TL680g
Exp
returnee
Hi to all - thanks for the advice and recommendations - Might try and catch the team on the Vanbitz stand at the show early doors - and see how helpful they are prepared to be!

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
They are very helpful, but depending when you want it doing it might pay to contact them sooner rather than later, because they are also very busy (there's a good reason for that) (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back