Trigano tribute, are they ok? (1 Viewer)

Jul 2, 2019
doncaster
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2010
Ive been looking at pvc’s and like the layout of the trigano 650, does anybody know if they are ok? I believe they are made by autotrail, i wondered if they suffered from damp or bad workmanship,they are reasonably priced,do you get damp in pvc’s if not trigano can you recomend any other van make ,thats not in the top rate group and therefore out of my price range(not new) as i cant afford it ,thanks ,regards pampam.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, sorry don't know anything about Trigano tribute, but depending on how old and if it's been looked after, the price and mileage is irrelevant if your happy with that, van conversions on the whole are not normally prone to damp, very important is the layout. 😁

We started in 2007 with a 1998 c class Janie wanted a big bathroom storage was rubbish, next was an a class 2007 big garage German well insulated and so on, next we decided on a panelvan conversion 2012 Rapido v53 loved it, but living in Spain decided on buying one in Germany and registering it in Spain as we couldn't find what we wanted here, same layout as the last one, transverse bed giving descent storage underneath a better shower than the last one, a high 3 way fridge draws instead of cupboards, both take 2 x 13kg gas bottles and 2 x gel batteries both van have 2 x 100w solar panels, this one is a 2017 Pilote v600g. 😎

We looked at lots of panel van conversions, and they had to have what we got, I wouldn't have one without a 3 way fridge or small gas bottles, with a rear lounge, although they appear roomy your bedding has to be stored and you loose storage underneath a fixed bed. 🤔😁 Bob.

Apr 12, 2011
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo t 590
Exp
4yrs
We had a 550 think same lay out no problem in fact a nice van

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Bought a 650 at the show in 2008,,,Very well speced van but poor insulation and upholstery..Very cheap at the time..Only kept it 6 months,,BUSBY.

dipsie

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A/Trail V Line 635
Exp
26 years
We have friends who have a Tribute and are just as pleased with it as we are with our V Line which is a sister model built by Autotrail.
We have absolutely no problems with storage of our outside gear, folding chairs, tripod leg for outside use of table, ground sheet, barbicue, wind breaks, awning rafters, wind blocker, small tent and goodness knows all sorts of bits and pieces. We store our sleeping bags and pillows in the over cab area.
You will probably discover that a lot of funsters do not like Autotrail and do their very best to put others off, we have had two new coach built Autotrail and two new PVC’s and have had no more problems than minor things which has been put to my fussy satisfaction myself without returning to our dealer.
Bear in mind that Autotrail also build PVC vans for Chauson, Benimar and a couple of other brands that come under the Trigano parent company.

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
I have an Autotrail Tribute 670, which in spite of its name was not made by Autotrail, but by Roller Team. Autotrail denied a claim I was intending to make because of a twisted window, on the basis that it was an imported van and they were not therefore responsible. A load of cobblers. Previous Tributes were originally made by Trigano. Who can tell who made it though, when the international company owning AT has multiple manufacturing sites all over Europe. But the van itself is great, we love it. Very well made, we've had it more than 5 years and hardly any probs. Certainly no damp. That's one of the benefits of a pvc. Very nice to drive. Well spec'd. The furniture is as new. Oh, had to replace the mattress foam coz it just collapsed, but it only cost a few pounds. Go for it.

Jun 4, 2010
Funster No
Hello there, I was impressed with the trigano tribute but got seduced by a good deal on an Adria at the time, this was 2008 so things were all over the place then. The good thing about buying one of the cheaper ones is that you can upgrade to your personal taste as time goes on. You may need to check if there is a spare wheel . I always reckon its the layout that matters. Being a panel van the only place that leeks can occur is the rooflights . Hobs , toilets, etc are all made by the same manufacturers which ever you buy so it gets down to how well they are screwed together and insulation.

RobL

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
Minchinhampton
Funster No
MH
American rv purchasing.
Exp
Since 2008
Owned a Trigano Tribute 2004 van conversion 10 years ago.Very good build quality but let down by being Fiat so suffered chassis corrosion.

Aug 19, 2007
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Tribute 615T sport
Exp
17 years + since 2006
I had a 550 , 2005 tribute for 6 years and it was one of the best vans i have had and did a lot of mileage in Europe and over here . Had no problems at all with it .Upgraded it a bit with 2 solar panels ,2 leisure battery's, covers for upholstery and even had it resprayed. It also has a belted seat in the back which comes in handy sometimes .Had lots of friends with later models from the tribute forum https://www.tribby.co.uk/forum/ and they were not a patch on the build of the pre 2006.
IMG00184-20120710-1944.jpg

DSC_0044.JPG

10308379_10203797182269641_59405699951752251_n.jpg

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I
Owned a Trigano Tribute 2004 van conversion 10 years ago.Very good build quality but let down by being Fiat so suffered chassis corrosion.
Reckon the Triganos based on the old shape (pre 2007) vans were a better quality conversion.Better windows, blinds etc...BUSBY.

Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
Ive been looking at pvc’s and like the layout of the trigano 650, does anybody know if they are ok? I believe they are made by autotrail, i wondered if they suffered from damp or bad workmanship,they are reasonably priced,do you get damp in pvc’s if not trigano can you recomend any other van make ,thats not in the top rate group and therefore out of my price range(not new) as i cant afford it ,thanks ,regards pampam.
For this interested Trigano group have listed Adria, Auto Sleeper, Auto Trail, Benimar, CI, Challenger, Chausson, Elnagh, EuraMobil, McLouis. I would not be surprised if someone them are built in others as listed factories

OP
OP
P
Jul 2, 2019
doncaster
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2010
Thankyou for your answers rebbyvid your van looks lovely 👍

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
We bought a Tribute 650 new in 2008 and it was a brilliant van the only problem was making the bed up with all those cushions I never got the same bed 2 nights running.
We kept it 3 years and travelled to France regularly in it and it never let us down.

John.

Aug 19, 2007
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Tribute 615T sport
Exp
17 years + since 2006
Thankyou for your answers rebbyvid your van looks lovely 👍
that was 2 vans ago ,sometimes sorry i sold it but circumstances change , have a look at the Tribby forum , you will get all the answers to your questions there.

Sep 12, 2011
london
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
I have a 680 2016 model . Nothing has gone wrong well made. Travelled all over Europe would buy another as long as it's made in Italy and not Lincolnshire.

dipsie

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A/Trail V Line 635
Exp
26 years
Not sure on the models, but thought a 680 was a PVC, if it is then I thought they were built in the Auto Trail factory.
You say it was well made so what’s your problem ?

As I remarked earlier we are on our second V Line and neither have given any cause for alarm, in fact I would have another but we will not wait over a year for delivery.

A lovely wet morning so I got a ladder out to measure up for an additional solar panel as we have decided to upgrade some bits on ours. Whilst the ladder was out I went and put my motor cycle wet weather gear on and gave the roof a good clean, I was surprised how green things have got since doing it in November.

On start up to move the van closer to a tap I notice a warning triangle on the dash lit up, I moved the van, turned it off and did the roof and then washed the rest of it.
Coffee time at eleven so I “ Googled” the dash light problem and one of the tips were to start the van up as per Fiat’s instruction book, ie, turn on but do not start until the dash lights go out, Bingo ! The light did not come on again.

Sep 12, 2011
london
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
The 2016 vans were imported from the Mclouis factory in Italy . From 2017 the production moved to Lincolnshire at the Autotrail factory. Watch Gadget John on you tube to appreciate the appalling build quality.

dipsie

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A/Trail V Line 635
Exp
26 years
I have watched Gadget John and don’t know why he did’nt buy a layout like what he has tried to construct.
For a start the wiring in our V Line does not look anywhere like the “ rats nest “ in his van, but bear in mind what a nightmare of bits and pieces he has added and removed.
The insulation in our van is as good as any PVC’s going to be. I’v had a small oil convector heater on during the winter and on frosty mornings I have been more than happy to see the van still covered in frost at 10am, except for the bottoms of the cab doors a couple of 10cm lengths in the upper panels where there are internal ribs, the van does have a long screen cover on
I am probably as fussy as anyone’s going to be regarding fit and finish, my wife thinks I am a bit OTT,
OK perhaps a V Line is a bit more expensive than a Tribute, evident when one looks how nicely the settee/bed extensions are constructed, even better than Vantage, the kitchen cabinetry is spot on and the bathroom knocks spots off an Auto Sleeper. We spent hours comparing many different UK built vans.

We have friends who have a Tribute and know some people we have met a couple of times on rally’s with 18 & 19 reg vans and are more than happy with them.

Perhaps you know something I don’t, please tell.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
The Tribby owners seem enthusiastic, and their group usually has a group pitch at shows I seem to remember. Like Bob I would agree not much damp in PVCs unless something silly like roof vent seals deteriorating. I've had my WildAx 9 years and no probs with damp (and it was previously a builders' van!)

dipsie

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A/Trail V Line 635
Exp
26 years
We spent a few days with the Tribby group at the Malvern show in 2019, a few had Tributes, V Lines and some non PVC’s. It was nice during the evening get together chatting about their adventures and vans, some of the group were very knowledgable and I did’nt hear anyone that had any complaints about their vans.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back