Feb 26, 2013
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
Afternoon,

I have what I think is a strange grey waste outlet. It is presented on a rigid hose that has a thread on the end and it is 32mm diameter, but most bizarre is that it only sits about 6 inches off the ground, so I can't get a bucket under it.

So I was hoping to get some sort of fitting that would connect to the 32mm end and provide an extension using flexible hose. So far the best I have managed to come up with is a larger than 32mm flexible hose that I attach to the rigid hose and be held in place by a jubilee clip.

I could then put the other end of the hose in a bucket and the downward pressure would push the majority of the water up the pipe and in to the bucket.

Looking for a more elegant solution, any ideas?

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Afternoon,

I have what I think is a strange grey waste outlet. It is presented on a rigid hose that has a thread on the end and it is 32mm diameter, but most bizarre is that it only sits about 6 inches off the ground, so I can't get a bucket under it.

So I was hoping to get some sort of fitting that would connect to the 32mm end and provide an extension using flexible hose. So far the best I have managed to come up with is a larger than 32mm flexible hose that I attach to the rigid hose and be held in place by a jubilee clip.

I could then put the other end of the hose in a bucket and the downward pressure would push the majority of the water up the pipe and in to the bucket.

Looking for a more elegant solution, any ideas?
A lot these days are designed just to feed into a grid.....drive up level, open valve. My old Hymer was the same, but I modified it by Arelditing a hose connection on. Did this by getting a 'fluted' pipe connector off fleabay, (30mm I THINK), coating it with Araldite, then tapping it into the pipe with a soft faced hammer. Finally, running my finger inside, just to smooth out the glue. Has been there for 12 months now, no probs. Now, the 32mm pipe slides on, with a nice 'fit', to hold it in place.(y)

PS, if the pipe has a threaded end, try this place.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HOSETAIL-...ondsWaterFeatures_UK&var=&hash=item27cc685a60

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Or just leave it slightly open as you are driving around :whistle: :reel:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Mine is similar and has an internal thread, which turned out to be 1" (well that's what the plumber told me!). He sold me a fitting with an external thread and an outlet onto which I jubilee-clipped a standard washing machine outlet hose. So if I can't get my waste container (I actually use one of those square black plastic 5-gall containers with a top and side filler) under the pipe, or there's a waste drain point nearby, I simply screw it in. The flexible hose also stretches and contracts, saving me storage room too.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back