trickling toilet flush (1 Viewer)

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Last night I went to the toilet in my b524 and it was full with clean water, obviously from the flush outlet. I was half asleep so didn't really register it. This morning I retracted the shower head back down to the basin to wash my hands and noticed the water was flowing a little weak and it was a bit spluttery. Now I have just noticed the toilet has filled again.

Thinking the tap and toilet issues could be connected I turned on the tap in the basin and water started trickling out the toilet flush.

What's going on there?

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Toilet solenoid valve has probably failed. There's a good chance it is wedged open with some gunk/scale/foreign object of some sort.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I would guess a relay is stuck

When you flush normally are you aware of a click when you press ?

we have a few relays on ours that have been unwilling to operate , pressed several times and mostly seem to be resolved šŸ‘

suggest you press flush several times see if it stops šŸ‘

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Last night I went to the toilet in my b524 and it was full with clean water, obviously from the flush outlet. I was half asleep so didn't really register it. This morning I retracted the shower head back down to the basin to wash my hands and noticed the water was flowing a little weak and it was a bit spluttery. Now I have just noticed the toilet has filled again.

Thinking the tap and toilet issues could be connected I turned on the tap in the basin and water started trickling out the toilet flush.

What's going on there?
If your toilet takes it's flush water from the fresh water tank, it sounds like the solenoid valve under the bowl is defective, thereby syphoning the contents of the fresh tank. We had it happen to us a few years ago during a harsh winter, which froze the tiny amount of water left in the solenoid valve and damaged it. They cost around Ā£40 to replace, and the bowl has to be removed to gain access to it. :(

HTH,

Jock. :)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the solenoid flush valve likely has a bit of grit stopping it from sealing shut. Try giving it a really long flush first

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Happened to me a couple of years ago. Diagnosed as grit in the solenoid valve preventing the valve from fully closing.

You could try operating the flush numerous times, as mentioned above, to dislodge the debris.

I cleared mine by applying compressed air into the cold water system whilst operating the flush. In my case, this was accomplished by using the Floe Drain Down system (which I already had installed).

OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Thanks all. I tried the flush button a few times and it seems to be ok now but I'll keep an eye on it.

If I turn the 12v power off will that ensure no water can trickle out when I remove the cassette, even with a dodgy solenoid?

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks all. I tried the flush button a few times and it seems to be ok now but I'll keep an eye on it.

If I turn the 12v power off will that ensure no water can trickle out when I remove the cassette, even with a dodgy solenoid?

You could just turn the water pump off. TBH, it sounds like you've already cleared the gunk that was stopping it closing.

OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
You could just turn the water pump off. TBH, it sounds like you've already cleared the gunk that was stopping it closing.
I've not got a separate pump switch. I'll have a play about with the taps etc after work and if no more water comes out I'll mark this down as another problem fixed by the MHF.

Just noticed another thread in the 'similar' section with the same problem (and solution). I must use the search function more.

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Doesn't that operate the frost valve, which then dumps the contents of the boiler tank?

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Yes, you are correct. The OP would need to put a peg on the mushroom shaped dump valve to prevent it from opening and draining the boiler.

I only removed the pump fuse when preparing for winter draindown to allow leaving the taps open in the central position (without running the pump).

Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
We also noticed this after a mini trip earlier this year, for us after flushing the toilet slight drip! Which sadly was only ever going to get worse ( after very helpful comments on here) it was our soloneid, all replaced works great now..good luck

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back