Trickle charge (1 Viewer)

Oct 24, 2020
Funster No
MH
Rapids 9090df
Exp
Since 2019
Hi
Just fitted 2 new leisure batteries, mo ho is parked in a shed and can be hooked up to ehu all the time if needed. I dont generally hook up. I’ve fitted trickle charger onto leisure batteries as welll as one onto vehicle main battery
Can anyone see a problem with that? Are leisure batteries much different to the vehicle main battery, will a trickle charger damage them? I don’t hear of many folk trickle charging the leisure batts hence the question
Any views appreciated
Cheers

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Hi
Just fitted 2 new leisure batteries, mo ho is parked in a shed and can be hooked up to ehu all the time if needed. I dont generally hook up. I’ve fitted trickle charger onto leisure batteries as welll as one onto vehicle main battery
Can anyone see a problem with that? Are leisure batteries much different to the vehicle main battery, will a trickle charger damage them? I don’t hear of many folk trickle charging the leisure batts hence the question
Any views appreciated
Cheers
No that's great. I use an optimate 2 0.8amps.

And an optimate 4 on the starter battery 👍

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
What's wrong with your onboard charger, once it's in float mode it is effectively a trickle charger.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Slippymurphy
Oct 24, 2020
Funster No
MH
Rapids 9090df
Exp
Since 2019
Lenny
I thought that as well, but I’m not sure if the van is on ehu and the main switch on the control panel is off if it’ll still charge the leisure batts ?
The van is stored away from the house so I’ll head up tomorrow and do a bit jiggery pokery.
It’s on the external trickle charge just now and will be overnight

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back