Trials of motorhome waste cassette cleaner begin (1 Viewer)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Hate the idea of this. I don't want Thetfords dreadful stinky blue in my toilet and especially not with 2L of water added, I thought the idea was to empty it, not fill it up. Don't want to pay 3.50 for something that's always been free either.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
As an avid user of the SOG system I had the pleasure recently of overnighting at the SOG factory stelplatz at Lof on the Mosel in Germany where I picked up details of their SOG Dumping System.

This system is much simpler than the Thetford machine ... it should be much cheaper to install and use... Any make of cassette can be used and no chemicals or water automatically shoved into your cassette!

Ok, so it doesn't automatically flush out your cassette but that is not too difficult.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
For £3.50 a go, I will happily visit any campsite and empty their toilet cassettes, I even have my own rubber gloves and mask......

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Cairnsmill Caravan site in St Andrews has one of these machines installed. Don't know if it is a Thetford machine and have not tried it yet, but as this is a private park I can't see them putting it in if they don't see a market for it.
Charlie.
Ideal Job creation for teenager locked in a box with a hose and a brush paid £15 a week and fed through the slot on the side with old out of date sandwiches from the shop. As personally recommended by Ian Duncan Smith. They can go to the toilet in there as no one would notice the smell, just drink from the hose, let out on Sunday am. for a walk.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Never understood the 'rinsing out' palaver. Considering what's going to contact the inside of the cassette once it's back in its home rinsing seems to me to be a waste of time. After a trip I give the outside a good clean in case of splashes when emptying but on site I simply empty it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Exactly what I do. I use bio wash liquid and reckon one reason it doesn't smell is because there is a culture of bugs built up in the cassette which break everything down, rinsing would remove a lot of this.
Vigorous rinsing can damage the float mechanism too.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
With a 35 gallon black tank, I never empty it till we get home, unless the trip is for more than six weeks or so.
:sneaky: :whistle: :)

Peter Sansom

Free Member
May 22, 2015
peebles
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
A relative newbie...ex caravanner
Ideal Job creation for teenager locked in a box with a hose and a brush paid £15 a week and fed through the slot on the side with old out of date sandwiches from the shop. As personally recommended by Ian Duncan Smith. They can go to the toilet in there as no one would notice the smell, just drink from the hose, let out on Sunday am. for a walk.
Thats just too much...let out on a Sunday morning?!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back