Travelworlds Carnival Weekend (1 Viewer)

SMUDGER2FLY

Free Member
Aug 19, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Semi integrated
Exp
Since 2011
We also bought our new hymer MLT off Frank Draper at Travelworld in October last year and had nothing but excellent service, they gave us an unbeatable price for our trade in. Granted we've had some minor issues with the van however nothing has been to much trouble from the team at Telford :roflmto:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
As some one has already said this is to balance things out a little,When we were RV,ink we bought our WIndsport from TravelWorld and had excellent service and what we thought was a fair price and after sales was good.so after 9 yrs of RVing and deciding to go back to a European Motorhome we bought our N&B Arto from Travelworld.after spending many days with Karl deciding what spec we wanted and then 8months delivery time we now have our Motorhome .all I can say is the service has been excellent .the price we thought was fair after all it was what we wanted and specked.i can't speak highly enough of Karl and we now regard him as a friend.people sometimes forget that businesses are there to not only look after their customers but also to make a profit to enable to exist.we have our own retail business and it is NOT easy dealing with the public sometimes .dont get me wrong 95% of our customers are brilliant but there is always Mr.hardtoplease waiting in the wings.so there is always 2 sides to every story.im sure most business owners will agree with me on that point.
Brian & Jo

Oh ho how true.
Had my own business for 30 odd years and 30 % percent of it was retail to the public the other 70 % dealing with industry.
What a pain in the ass, as you say Mr Hardtoplease I Know My Rights was always there and even if you paid them to deal with you it still wouldn't be enough.
In the end I closed down that side of the business and put all my efforts on dealing with industry and business went from strength to strength. At least I was dealing with decent intelligent people who valued service and accepted you had to make a profit to supply it.
When it comes to doing a deal I'm a hard nosed bugger and will not be ripped off but accept companies have to make money.
Hats off to anyone who can run a retail business more bloody patience than me.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Having said that last time there did get the hard sell salesman pitch from some cocky bugger with pointy shoes.:)
How does any man think they look good in pointy shoes ? :giggler::giggler: And er tight girls jeans :giggler::giggler::giggler: oh and a Heinrich Himmler haircut :giggler::giggler::giggler::giggler:

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
It is only fair that each has their own experience to recount with any given dealer, which they believe to be fair and true. Good or bad. The problem comes in measuring the debate and whether the full facts are divulged. Sometimes you subsequently get the whole story and you wonder why someone either supported or slagged a dealer. I have had 2 definitive occurrences recently where I have read a post, in one case wondering why they were so gullible in the belief that the dealer was telling them the truth which I knew for a fact to be wrong as I had been at the factory, another where the poster had made a statement about the performance of an agency which was grossly unfair and more importantly misleading to others seeking genuine opinion. I think unless you know the poster it is important to make your own judgements based on your own experinces. There is only one N+B agent in the UK, I bought my Flair in Germany!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Oh ho how true.
Had my own business for 30 odd years and 30 % percent of it was retail to the public the other 70 % dealing with industry.
What a pain in the ass, as you say Mr Hardtoplease I Know My Rights was always there and even if you paid them to deal with you it still wouldn't be enough.
In the end I closed down that side of the business and put all my efforts on dealing with industry and business went from strength to strength. At least I was dealing with decent intelligent people who valued service and accepted you had to make a profit to supply it.
When it comes to doing a deal I'm a hard nosed bugger and will not be ripped off but accept companies have to make money.
Hats off to anyone who can run a retail business more bloody patience than me.
I find the worst customers are the ones that I refuse to make customers!

They will have unrealistic requests and deadlines and when we cannot accommodate their requirements it all turns into our fault. Such lines as "I wouldn't use you anyway". When we say "Thank you" we're the bad ones lol

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
If you can't afford to do business with me, I can't afford to do business with you. Too many companies forget that, discount to the bone to get a sale, can't then give a back up, and go to the wall.

Ian

OP
OP
Norm

Norm

Free Member
Nov 27, 2014
Lower Froyle, Alton, Hampshire Surrey borders
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since March 2014
All I wanted was to buy a new motor home and was considering a Hymer. I wanted to know if they had in stock the model I wanted to view but whenever I asked they refused to tell me but tried to persuade me to visit. (A journey of 500 miles round trip!) As we now know they didn't have what I wanted!
Because they wernt helpfully I went elsewhere but told them what an opportunity they had missed because of their lack of interest.
I didn't expect "that" response although it explained there evasiveness. They didn't have what I wanted but wanted me to make a wasted journey in the hope of persuading me to buy something I didn't want.
It's easy to help those who want what you have. It's helping and being courteous to everyone else that marks out the best.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
No offence but they didn't miss the opportunity, as they didn't have what you wanted. Although they did miss the opportunity to sell you something you didn't want.:D
You probably had a reply from a disgruntled salesman, not from the owners. Unfortunately salesmen are usually on commission, and missing selling a near on £100,000 vehicle, gave him the hump.

Ian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
When I was taught sales 40 years ago, there was a basic mantra. The salesman's job "starts" when the prospect says NO. Otherwise your job description is "Order Taker"!!

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Whatever happened to customer service lol

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
so gullible in the belief
didnt realise we had gullible people in MHF ,just some who are maybe not as perfect and well informed as others.thought we were all freinds together helping each other .obviously not.
Brian & Jo

OP
OP
Norm

Norm

Free Member
Nov 27, 2014
Lower Froyle, Alton, Hampshire Surrey borders
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since March 2014
MHF members are neither gullible or, not as perfect. They are perhaps, on occassions too trusting and there are too many out there who can't wait to take advantage!
Incidentally, the author of the email that set all this off has been mentioned and praised in these pages as a top Travelworld salesman! We must all draw our own conclusions!! I for one will be steering clear of Travelworld and it's "Crazy Prices"

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
I guess you can get good or bad experiences at most dealers. I work about 300 yards away from Travelworld so popped in there one day for a nosey - they were friendly but not pushy at all. Only thing I didn't like was that you had to get past the reception desk to get in the place, and they insist on taking your details, presumably to pester you with marketing info - funnily enough my best Doctor's handwriting put paid to that!

It doesn't take much to put people off though. I went into South Hereford Motorcaravan Centre on a whim, we were holidaying in the area and were thinking of getting a motorhome, so popped in for a look. The sales manager could not have been more indifferent or unfriendly if he tried - he clearly took one look at us, with 3 kids in tow, and decided that we were a waste of time and don't have the money. Grudgingly we were shown one van, even with the comment "Cheapest secondhand ones start at about 15 grand you know".

Strangely enough we didn't buy a van from him but bought one elsewhere 2 weeks later. But I bet someone on here has had great service from them.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
I guess you can get good or bad experiences at most dealers. I work about 300 yards away from Travelworld so popped in there one day for a nosey - they were friendly but not pushy at all. Only thing I didn't like was that you had to get past the reception desk to get in the place, and they insist on taking your details, presumably to pester you with marketing info - funnily enough my best Doctor's handwriting put paid to that!

It doesn't take much to put people off though. I went into South Hereford Motorcaravan Centre on a whim, we were holidaying in the area and were thinking of getting a motorhome, so popped in for a look. The sales manager could not have been more indifferent or unfriendly if he tried - he clearly took one look at us, with 3 kids in tow, and decided that we were a waste of time and don't have the money. Grudgingly we were shown one van, even with the comment "Cheapest secondhand ones start at about 15 grand you know".

Strangely enough we didn't buy a van from him but bought one elsewhere 2 weeks later. But I bet someone on here has had great service from them.

Strangely enough we had a similar experience at South Hereford Motorcaravans. We were very interested in a Hymer B694 tag although £10k too expensive we loved it and were keen to do a deal. His attitude no deal price is the price and you can't test drive it until you agree the price and pay 10% non refundable deposit:eek:
Needless to say we didn't bother and really couldn't get over the attitude and eventually bought a private one in Bristol with 15000 less miles for £10k less and still have it.
Yet I've read great reviews about them

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi @Feltwell , I so dislike it when people make a judgement bet your not the first sale they have lost.

Ps. Being nosey I had a look which motorhome you had bought but you have not updated your profile yet, what did you choose in the end. (and their loss ),

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
Hi @Feltwell , I so dislike it when people make a judgement bet your not the first sale they have lost.

Ps. Being nosey I had a look which motorhome you had bought but you have not updated your profile yet, what did you choose in the end. (and their loss ),

In the end I bought an older motorhome than I first intended - one came up privately that seemed just the right layout, had everything we wanted, low mileage and clearly not heavily used. As it was our first motorhome we thought we'd lose less selling it if it turned out not to be right, compared to a newer one.

It's a 2006 Mclouis Tandy 640 plus - based on the very last of the old shape Ducato's. Now we've got it and have had a few holidays in it we're really pleased with it and have every intention of keeping it until the kids are old enough to not want to come with us any more - I don't see the point in going for a newer one now.

Forestboy - was it a South African chap by any chance? I got the impression that unless you walked in there looking like an affluent older couple keen on spending your newly acquired pension lump sum, he wasn't interested.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi @Feltwell exactly what you have done to me is the most sensible route for any first timers makes perfect sense, sounds as if you have a good one.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Forestboy - was it a South African chap by any chance? I got the impression that unless you walked in there looking like an affluent older couple keen on spending your newly acquired pension lump sum, he wasn't interested.

Could well have been yeah.

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
We've had a few problems with our new van whilst in The south of France, great communication with Annabel at Travelworld, who organised 2 appointments at the dealership north of Montpellier.
We arrived back home this morning, and within 2 hours of again contacting Annabel with another problem, nothing to do with Travelworld, she organised a Driver to travel to Scarborough tomorrow morning to collect the van and take it back to Travelworld.
That's what I call good service.

WAG2CRU

Free Member
May 31, 2012
Argyll
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654SL Star Edition
Exp
since2012
Sent an enquiry about some very minor part for our Hymer (25p worth) to both Travelworld and also to somewhere near Newark who say they have large stocks of Hymer parts. Within 10 mins I had an e mail and then a telephone call from Travelworld, the other lot took 2 weeks to respond, the result, I spent 75p at Travelworld and felt like a valued customer.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back