Travelworld? (1 Viewer)

Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Ok I’ve read the reviews and as usual it’s good and bad, our plans have changed again, we were looking at a bigger m home after doing my HGV, we’ve decided to go smaller, we’ve been down to look at a McLaren sport home, v well put together, but after lots of discussion just to narrow for us with two springers
Anyhow trawling the mobile de and usual m home sites noticed the new ML-T 570 crossover, quite like the look and space but no oven and narrow garage, then realised you can spec the 580 up the same but with oven and larger garage.
Travelworld seem to be the closest, left two messages bloke called Jake phoned back, had a five minute chat and said I would call him back, phoned back as agreed and left two messages, nothing!

Phoned reception ah he is on hols sir you can speak to the other salesman, I’m at work could he phone me later about 4, no problem sir I’ll book you down, many thanks, guess what!

Jack diddly squat, now I no they probably don’t need my business but surely it’s not hard to get back to someone, next nearest dealership for hymer seems to be Southdowns at Portsmouth, now that is a trek,
Do I give them another call? My first impression is not good, but don’t want to cut my nose of as the saying goes.
Anyone got a ML-T 580 what’s good/bad?
I’m looking for the 3ltr which they had build slots for

Jun 13, 2020
Garden of England
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML T570
Hi,

Firstly I have no knowledge of Travelworld, other than what you have probably also read. And the reports appear slightly more on the negative than positive from what I can make out.They seem to rest on their name and the fact that they are the main Hymer dealer from what I can see.
I bought a brand new ML T570 in August 2020, and love it. I was encouraged in this particular model MH direction by a couple of other Funsters. We are really pleased with our decision so far.
The 580 is almost identical as you are aware, other than its a tad longer, so slightly more spacious in the toilet and shower, and a little wardrobe in the bedroom.
There were apparently a couple of issues with grounding out the rear overhang on the early models of the 580 so I recall. I do not know if this is still the case.
I live in Kent, but travelled up North for our purchase, so I understand all the associated difficulties re distances to buy.
I do have some limited knowledge of Southdowns Motorhomes, and must say they have been excellent for what its worth.
I notice there are a couple of 570's and 580's around for sale at the moment. The standard 580's appear to come on the market more frequently, and there are quite a few 570 4x4's around new.
Whatever you decide I wish you good luck.

Rgds
Wizz

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Ok I’ve read the reviews and as usual it’s good and bad, our plans have changed again, we were looking at a bigger m home after doing my HGV, we’ve decided to go smaller, we’ve been down to look at a McLaren sport home, v well put together, but after lots of discussion just to narrow for us with two springers
Anyhow trawling the mobile de and usual m home sites noticed the new ML-T 570 crossover, quite like the look and space but no oven and narrow garage, then realised you can spec the 580 up the same but with oven and larger garage.
Travelworld seem to be the closest, left two messages bloke called Jake phoned back, had a five minute chat and said I would call him back, phoned back as agreed and left two messages, nothing!

Phoned reception ah he is on hols sir you can speak to the other salesman, I’m at work could he phone me later about 4, no problem sir I’ll book you down, many thanks, guess what!

Jack diddly squat, now I no they probably don’t need my business but surely it’s not hard to get back to someone, next nearest dealership for hymer seems to be Southdowns at Portsmouth, now that is a trek,
Do I give them another call? My first impression is not good, but don’t want to cut my nose of as the saying goes.
That’s the same experience I had with Travelworld

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+

And this is when you want to spend £thousands with them, wait until you require service or warranty issues.
l have experienced this and it’s pretty hopeless you get all the bells and whistles with introductions to key staff at the purchase point and after that .......................not a lot.

Oct 1, 2019
Guildford
Funster No
MH
Hymer BMCI 680 A Cl
Exp
Since June 20
Hi, we bought our BMCI 680 from TW last year and could not fault the sales service.
We are yet to have any dealings with the after sales side so are unable to comment on that.

We dealt with Ryan Hadley who we felt could not do anymore for us or be more helpful.
Give Ryan a call I'm sure he won't disappoint you

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
There are other dealers who have Hymers

We also have a MLT 570 (60th edition)
Also very pleased with the result.

We got ours from Loudhams, who are 160 miles from where we live. (TW would be about 100)
Go to Travelworld to look, as they have a great showroom.
But buy from whomever has the age you want at the best price, even if it's hundreds of miles away.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
The parts guy is excellent, very efficient. Not used the service but know its a well set up workshop. Karl is the most helpful sales guy there, try asking for him?

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
You are missing an opportunity though Imho. Now you have your license there are usually plenty of just over 7500kgs on mobile.de that are a lot more for the money.

Theres a bit of a bargain in Telford on ebay. MCL on a 817 merc chassis.

Sep 29, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 600 SPB
Exp
2016 Hymer, Adria
I think Travelworld are busy, busy both on the sales and service side. They clearly do not have quite enough staff to handle the demand… eg the earliest they could book me in for a dampcheck was September. I have always had good service when I have used them.. not cheap but helpful and professional. First class showroom and premises.

Dec 7, 2017
Sherwood Forest, Notts
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017. Before had caravan, folding camper and various tents.
I think Travelworld are busy, busy both on the sales and service side. They clearly do not have quite enough staff to handle the demand… eg the earliest they could book me in for a dampcheck was September. I have always had good service when I have used them.. not cheap but helpful and professional. First class showroom and premises.
Individually nice people, generally. Actually we found Jake to be excellent when we bought our van from them. However, it does seem that they are under pressure and my impression of the after sales is that they are pretty chaotic, phone calls not returned, jobs not being completed etc. I am still dealing with them so wish to wait a while before writing a full review. I accept things go wrong, it's how problems are dealt with that matters. I reserve my final judgement.

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Hi, we bought our BMCI 680 from TW last year and could not fault the sales service.
We are yet to have any dealings with the after sales side so are unable to comment on that.

We dealt with Ryan Hadley who we felt could not do anymore for us or be more helpful.
Give Ryan a call I'm sure he won't disappoint you
Thanks, that’s who was supposed to be calling me back😩

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
<Broken link removed>

Just noticed it says deposit taken
Yep noticed that, as I’m retiring (semi) in August we decided going smaller for accessibility to little villages, bit more economical but who knows a few years time we’ll be on another page and when I can draw down my pension at 55 we may upscale again. Our planning for our new house has hit the skids but that’s a whole other thread 😩

Nov 19, 2010
Walking the dog
Funster No
MH
Hymer 680 Starline
Exp
since 2012
As can be seen from my review, I would not touch them with a barge pole.

The buying process and handover were fine but it went rapidly down hill from there. You expect problems, they're complicated beasts, but it's the way those problems are sorted out that is important.

Individually the staff are very nice but collectively, after many many visits, there quality of service is shite. They're a successful business, I just think that they've given up trying.

Terry

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Terry242 i feel your pain, we’ve been through supposedly all the top Caravan dealers over the years, and what we thought were some exclusive British m home manufacturers, I now think unless you’re prepared to take on some diy work then you’re not going to get anywhere near the service you require. Maybe I’ve been unlucky with my choices, and the money we pay for these vehicles the service should be second to none, but I honestly don’t think they get the concept of QC/QA and after sales customer satisfaction

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
I found out recently that ALL dealers are in the enviable position of doing very little for a sale.

Contacted 2 dealers re part ex for my Imala on a new van. One got back asking a question i had already given the answer to then i never heard from them again (thanks Wil)
The 2nd just never bothered to come back to me.

Great business. Then again why work ones bo@@@ks off when it's a sellers market

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming

I have read good reviews of good customer service from Southdowns in the past, and after having bought a used Hymer from Travelworld I was really disappointed with our experience, so I think I would prefer Southdowns....just sayin.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back