johnnerontheroad

Free Member
Dec 11, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Travelworld are the new Niesmann+Bischoff dealers in the UK has anyyone had dealings with them as I need some work done on my N+B Flair. Any constructive info on them would be great.

Thanks

Dave

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Have just had a call back from Travelworld, in response to an e-mail sent yesterday.

My query was about sourcing wide-angle mirrors to add to my Arto 69GL

They had already been on to N+B on my behalf

I was able to give them ref to the original mirror manufacturers etc. to which they responded that I seemed to know more than they, as they are new to N+B.

At least they are prepared to admit they are learning, but I was impressed with their response time.

Hope that helps

Geoff

OP
OP
J

johnnerontheroad

Free Member
Dec 11, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
This is what I am worried about their lack of knowlage and I need work carried out so are they up to the job?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi

I called them last year to carry out some repairs and a service. Before I was able to explain what I wanted they told me their hourly rate. :whatthe:

When I told them that I had an arv they didnt want to know. They said that they only serviced their own vehicles. :Sad:

The web site looks impressive and they very well may be a really good company but they put doubt in my mind, not that I could have had the work caried out there anyway.

Sorry if its not to constructive but thats my experience.

Jim
:Smile:

Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Dave,

Just bought my new RV off them. So far I have been very impressed with everything they have done and said.

Simon the Service Director has been superb in his help and he took two hours to hand over the new vehicle.

It would seem I am not the only one with this opinion. On our Sister site RV Owners Club others have given the same praise.

Best regards

Chris

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Travelworld are the new Niesmann+Bischoff dealers in the UK has anyyone had dealings with them as I need some work done on my N+B Flair. Any constructive info on them would be great.
Thanks
Dave

Best advice I can give is that if you get any work done by ANY dealer, check it yourself, thoroughly! If you dont consider yourself competent, get a second opinion.
I could tell you a story about TW but would prefer not to put it in writing for 2 reasons.

1. My experience with thier standard of work was about 9 years ago and in all fairness, a lot can change in 9 years.

2. Im FED UP of give HONEST assesments on here of companies I've dealt with personally, only to get, how shall I put it, less than friendly phone calls and e-mails from the companies involved which, rather than hold thier hands up and say "yes, things could have been better, we made mistakes", only seem to want to slag me off for telling the truth!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi Dave,

Just bought my new RV off them. So far I have been very impressed with everything they have done and said.

Simon the Service Director has been superb in his help and he took two hours to hand over the new vehicle.

It would seem I am not the only one with this opinion. On our Sister site RV Owners Club others have given the same praise.

Best regards

Chris

Hi Chris

Has he managed to sought out your EHU

Jim
:winky:

Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Chris

Has he managed to sought out your EHU

Jim
:winky:

Hi Jim,

Had a good conversation with Simon who in explaining how the system works let me know that the problem may be with the smaller 110V to 240V transformer. With everything switched off the larger 240V to 110V transformer along with the charger circuit is working. This does not trip the mains.

It only trips the house when I switch the smaller one on which provides to the ring around the RV.

When I can get to the transformer I will check it out and if there is a problem they will send me a new one. As an electronics engineer it is easier for me to replace it if necessary rather than take it back to Telford. They have a test bench and test to make sure it does not trip when carrying out their habitation checks so if there is a problem it is more than likely been caused by lack of use. I know this vehicle was sitting around for a while. My driving it for 3 and a half hours may have rattled something loose.

I did speak to Simon about your statement regarding working on vehicles not sold by them. They are always happy to look at any vehicle and will quote accordingly. Simon did go into an explanation of other people importing and not carrying out correct conversions. I am sure we know what he means as we have all seen this sort of thing.

I also spoke to him about a leak that had been in the new RV which had obviously been repaired. He explained that once I mentioned it, they set up a rig with sprinkler and then left it for two hours to see if there was still a leak. Now that is a very good test from someone not frightened to find a problem and deal with it!

Best regards

Chris

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back