Travelworld - Would you buy from them? (2 Viewers)

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
I agree in principal with Keith, however, my concern wouldn't be the engine but rather other mechanical parts such as brakes, suspension, steering, wheel bearings etc also the general wear and tear on the furnishings and fittings.

I was thinking similar thoughts, Jim...

If the habitation area seems in good condition, and there is good service history, and the only thing that suggests 100k+ mileage is the odometer, would most of you be interested, or walk away?

Bryan

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun

If the habitation area seems in good condition, and there is good service history, and the only thing that suggests 100k+ mileage is the odometer, would most of you be interested, or walk away?

Bryan

I've no problem with high mileage well service cars

but

the yanks themselves don't want high mileage RV's if price is a gauge (much lower values)

Is it that they see all those miles and wear and tear on ALL of the bus?

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp

Bryan

I'd walk away the engine and box may be good for 500'000 miles but the rest of it takes a right bashing doing that sort of mileage.
High mileage does effect values dramatically take your 100'000 mile 3 year old car back to the garage you bought it from and they'll laugh you off the premises.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Suzy

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Just reading through all the replies, I can detect from Bryan that he was really interested in this Escaper but I'm not!

Thanks Kands, Roadrunner, Forestboy, ScotJimland, Olley, Jim and anyone I might have missed for all your thoughts, it really helps!

I really don't fancy that Escaper now, I loved the layout and the way it looks although I wasn't too keen on the exterior colour. But the 100k miles is just not on for me who is of course always thinking of re-sale! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Suzy & Bryan

I think your plain BARKING anyway:Eeek:your current bus is FAB:winky::thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Suzy & Bryan

I think your plain BARKING anyway:Eeek:your current bus is FAB:winky::thumb:
Not realy John
I was in there last weekend and the ashtray was nearly full, so its time to go. strange thing is neither of em smoke
anothr point you missed have you ever seen Bryan emty a black tank--------??NO
well thats cos I told him when there full you swop Rvs:ROFLMAO:
Geo
Forgot to add I would have one of Suzy's rejects any dayof the week

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Not realy John
I was in there last weekend and the ashtray was nearly full, so its time to go. strange thing is neither of em smoke
anothr point you missed have you ever seen Bryan emty a black tank--------??NO
well thats cos I told him when there full you swop Rvs:ROFLMAO:
Geo
Forgot to add I would have one of Suzy's rejects any dayof the week

Bu**er forgot that:Doh::cry:

and it needs a wash:winky:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Well if she ever kicks me out, I'll give you a call, Georgie-Worgie :smalllove::Blush:

So the pair of you are the only gays :smalllove: in the village:ROFLMAO:who know the salesman at travelworld might be:winky:think of the discount possibilities:thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Suzy

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Oh yeah Graham, that would be fun - NOT :ROFLMAO:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
I have found her new one

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
So the pair of you are the only gays :smalllove: in the village:ROFLMAO:who know the salesman at travelworld might be:winky:think of the discount possibilities:thumb:
Gay. who me .no sir, I think my boyfriend is though:ROFLMAO:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi John does it have a wine cellar?

Olley

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
There you go Suzy, the perfect business opportunity................Recreational vehicle for high days and holidays which doubles up as a tour bus ::bigsmile:

You could make a fortune in Blackpool during the summer, I'm sure Bryan would make a great clippie! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

R

rolandrat

Deleted User
Travelworld

I'm being tempted by a rather nice coach at Travelworld. Not wanting to get into discussions about which one at this stage. Just would like to hear from anyone who has anything either positive or negative to say about their dealings/negotiations with Travelworld.

Do they usually price fair, what are their warranties like, who is the best person to deal with etc.,

We have never bought from a dealer before and would appreciate your thoughts and comments.

I have had first hand experience of their lousy after sales service with a Gulfstream Sunsport we had some time ago, I ended up going to Dudleys who gave me brilliant service. They even knew the history of it as soon as I drove into their premises.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back