Travelworld / Erwin Hymer Centre (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Wanders from Glos
Sep 7, 2017
Funster No
Why don't you just rent a house for 6 months instead of buying an interim motorhome ?

I was really just trying to get some feedback on TravelWorld, but I see why people are asking this now. It won't be interim, Even if we rent we will still buy a new motorhome, an upgrade after the sale was always part of the plan, getting it quickly just resolves the homeless issue. It allows us to move around while we think about what we want to do, try new areas to live and so on. A bit of an adventure.

Given that we are buying one anyway, renting is just dead money and commits us to a specific area for six months even if we find somewhere quicker.

Thanks for the input though.

OP
OP
Wanders from Glos
Sep 7, 2017
Funster No
You say that there are Hymers available at Highbridge. Our experience with Highbridge was flawless and you won’t go wrong dealing with them. They seem to be good people.
That's interesting thank you, perhaps we should also go there.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Has anyone experience of experience of Travelworld,

I've purchased a used motorhome from Travelworld and subsequently had extensive repairs and warranty work undertaken. The service before and after the sale was first-class.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wanders from Glos
Sep 7, 2017
Funster No
Thanks for all your comments.

We went to Travelworld and were very impressed with the sales people and the service. The proof will be in the eating, but we are giving them a go. Until we need warranty and servicing done we won't know for sure, but they do seem very flexible about a lot of it.

Fingers crossed.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks for all your comments.

We went to Travelworld and were very impressed with the sales people and the service. The proof will be in the eating, but we are giving them a go. Until we need warranty and servicing done we won't know for sure, but they do seem very flexible about a lot of it.

Fingers crossed.

Nice one, what van are you buying?

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
I've purchased a used motorhome from Travelworld and subsequently had extensive repairs and warranty work undertaken. The service before and after the sale was first-class.
There’s always one. ::bigsmile:

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
We inquired about a part ex before changing and Travelworld were straight back with a match it or better it offer, so no complaints about lack of customer attention, bought somewhere else so can't comment on customer service but salesperson was polite and honest in that they could not match the offer given(unseen) but if we came to see them then they might be in a better position. Sales talk I know but nice to know they are open to a deal!

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Anywhere that you need to sign in at reception to view their stock feels a bit too much like they are doing you a favour by selling to you - put me off anyway.

OP
OP
Wanders from Glos
Sep 7, 2017
Funster No
Anywhere that you need to sign in at reception to view their stock feels a bit too much like they are doing you a favour by selling to you - put me off anyway.
That hadn’t even crossed my mind to be honest. I just saw it as their way of getting names and contact details, not unreasonable I thought given they allowed me to wander free and unsupervised for quite a few hours. Certainly necessary for at the moment. Perhaps I’m naive, I wasn’t left with the impression they felt they were doing me a favour, nor did I feel I was doing them a favour by shopping there. In business I take the view that a sale is when both sides gain, else I walk away and when I’m spending my money I alway view it as a business transaction.

Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
They are also known by many as Troubleworld. I think it was "The Happy Campers" on Youtube that had a particularly bad experience with them?

OP
OP
Wanders from Glos
Sep 7, 2017
Funster No
They are also known by many as Troubleworld. I think it was "The Happy Campers" on Youtube that had a particularly bad experience with them?
No doubt, I suspect every dealer has its supporters and detractors. Jim for example was very positive and I trust him. At this stage I’d like to take a positive view myself, rather than a negative or worried one. It will ruin the fun of an expensive purchase if we pay too much heed to the negative people. Hopefully most will just be happy for us that we have bought a new van.

Dec 24, 2020
North Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer Free S 600
Exp
Extensively by motorcycle, now trying it with a little more luxury!
Just picked up on this thread, If anybody is still reading it, I'm in the process of buying a new van from Travelworld at the moment, the buying process was OK to start with but has now got to the stage where I am looking at cancelling the order. Let's say that It's turning in to an experience that I'd rather forget to be honest.

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Just picked up on this thread, If anybody is still reading it, I'm in the process of buying a new van from Travelworld at the moment, the buying process was OK to start with but has now got to the stage where I am looking at cancelling the order. Let's say that It's turning in to an experience that I'd rather forget to be honest.
I can only say, that was my experience and that of a friend too.

Initial sales was great, after that, dreadful.

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
That's interesting thank you, perhaps we should also go there.
You say that there are Hymers available at Highbridge. Our experience with Highbridge was flawless and you won’t go wrong dealing with them. They seem to be good people.
I can second that. We have had two motorhomes from them. They have excellent aftercare and always sorted out issues. Wouldn’t hesitate to buy from them again.
However with low stock everywhere I can imagine deals are hard to find.

Campervan_man

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus
Exp
It can be a very busy place. I worked there a few years ago { Telford }.
Most sold vans have a host of extras to be fitted awning, satellite systems,aerial, TV, gaslow, BBQ point, extra sockets.
They do strive to go the extra mile @ T.W.

Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
When you get such a mix of positive and negative reviews of a dealership (or anywhere else for that matter) for me that netts down to a negative due to the uncertainty of the experience you can expect

Wikky

Free Member
Aug 6, 2020
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Since 2003
Fuller Leisure have a nice Hymer for sale on their website. Looks fantastic but I could not warrant paying that amount of money for a depreciating asset. A personal view as I know others would differ in their views particularly if full timing.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
I'm dreading looking for our replacement. I know what configuration i want but where on earth does one get it from. Then who looks after it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back