Travelling with dog and ferry delays (1 Viewer)

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
Has anyone got to ferry port had ferry delayed and lost the timescale on worming of dog if so what happens ie dog gets put in secure enclosure and you can travel on next available ferry so time exceeds 5 days or do you have to get dog rewormed wait 24hrs then try and get on ferry

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
If you have checked in first then you would be okay but if you are over the 5 days when you try and check in then I suspect that you may be refused and will have to go through the process again. Always used to avoid that situation by aiming for 2 to 3 days from the visit to the vet before the checkin

OP
OP
M

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
If you have checked in first then you would be okay but if you are over the 5 days when you try and check in then I suspect that you may be refused and will have to go through the process again. Always used to avoid that situation by aiming for 2 to 3 days from the visit to the vet before the checkin
I mean you turn up on time ferry is delayed a day and you then miss 120hr window to return normally if i spot a vet within the 120hr time frame i just get it done but if ferry was delayed it could put me on dodgy ground and was wondering if someone had been through problem

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
Sure timescale relates to UK arrival not check in

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
This has happened to us with previous MH only through a breakdown, missed the Ferry by 20 minutes,now here’s the rub!! You have to go through the Vetting process again but you are not supposed to worm a Dog again for 14 days!! It’s dangerous and I had hell on getting the Vet to stamp the Passport because he couldn’t complete what was expected of him “Health Check and Worming Tablet”

Eventually after much cajoling he saw there was no harm to Signing/Stamping as the previous Tablet would be in effect.

The point is that Defra haven’t thought the process through enough, what if Vets were so inflexible that you would have to wait 14 days before going through the process again.

OP
OP
M

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
Sure timescale relates to UK arrival not check in
Last time i came back passports got checked including dogs when i got to ferry port in france not checked at arrival in uk just trying to find out what happens if you get delayed too long

OP
OP
M

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
This has happened to us with previous MH only through a breakdown, missed the Ferry by 20 minutes,now here’s the rub!! You have to go through the Vetting process again but you are not supposed to worm a Dog again for 14 days!! It’s dangerous and I had hell on getting the Vet to stamp the Passport because he couldn’t complete what was expected of him “Health Check and Worming Tablet”

Eventually after much cajoling he saw there was no harm to Signing/Stamping as the previous Tablet would be in effect.

The point is that Defra haven’t thought the process through enough, what if Vets were so inflexible that you would have to wait 14 days before going through the process again.
Thats very helpful didn't realise you had to wait 14 days to give 2nd tablet if you had a problem

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Would be useful to know. We always use the tunnel but the same applies. All the paperwork is checked on arrival at the coquelles terminal but what happens if there is a long delay on the train. Perhaps breakdown fire or migrant activity.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
As has been mentioned, the check is done at the departure port and will be based on the expected arrival time. Any delays en route won't matter.
I've seen a couple of cars with dogs doing U turns at check-ins because something was wrong with the paperwork. They do check and if the dog is past its sail by date it will be refused. You might get lucky but I don't think you can count on it

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back