Travelling to France in November looking for low cost sites (1 Viewer)

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
So was I in my original post that got criticised. And in that criticism Minxy was not replying to the author, but to my post. But hey, I will say no more.
I appreciate what you are saying and I agree with you both as it took me years to justify the cost, £600 but I reckon it's the best investment I ever made after the purchase of my Exsis and particularly as it's 3 years ago, I'm not bothered whether I break even or not but the convenience is there and it is a good reply but not in this authors case who is on a tight budget. It's something they can consider in the future, if and when funds are more readily available and they have the room availability to have a refillable system in place as not all places for cylinders can be replaced by a refillable system I believe.
Good idea and back you and minxygirl 100% but the thing is budget is the overriding factor in this thread.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
So was I in my original post that got criticised. And in that criticism Minxy was not replying to the author, but to my post. But hey, I will say no more.
It wasn't a criticism, it was an observation/query!:)

I did say that "unless you us a LOT of gas" ... and it appears you DO - a lot more than most I suspect, hence why you're 'break even' is shorter and it also depends on what you include/exclude from the calculation, but regardless with your heavy usage it certainly works out a better bet than using Calor etc. (y)

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
We find the good things about refills it gives us freedom and we have 2x11kg Alugas Cant remember the cost but gas is so cheap it does not even come in to conversation except on this fourum.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Motorway Aires are great. Safe and clean. And free :)

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Motorway Aires are great. Safe and clean. And free :)
I got 2 folk thinking that was funny, which is nice. But I often divert to motorway, even peage, for a safe stop over. Driven from Cadiz to UK and back in last 2 weeks and did 3 motorway stops :).

Currently in Cadiz for ferry home on Tuesday

Philiphall

Free Member
Dec 28, 2012
Department 87, Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
A few years now had a break but back with a MH now
One of our favourite https://www.aire-service-camping-car-panoramique.fr/pyrenees-orientales/66-saint-cyprien
I think out of the peak months its €6.50 a night. The 16A EHU is there but the sign at the exit says its only to be used for battery charging. Of course you only see the badly positioned sign as you leave.;)
we stayed there between christmas & new year last year. It was very busy appeard a couple of vans were wintering there especially the large RV from Belgium. yeah can only use the electric for battery charging...leisure battery charging that is, everyone was plugged in.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back